Chewbacca in Snoova disguise figure from the POTF2 Shadows of the Empire line. I really like this figure and I'm excited to talk more about him after the break...
Height: 7 3/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, "boot" swivel, swivel/hinge knees, swivel thighs,
ball jointed hips, ball jointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge
shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, and a double balljointed head.
Accessories: Blaster rifle with removable fore-end and side handle, goggles, and bandolier.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* On the left is the new Solo Chewbacca followed by the Phase II Original Trilogy release and the Episode VII Chewie from Phase III. While the limbs are the same as previous releases, the new Chewie has a new torso, new headsculpt, and is shorter. In this case, being shorter is more accurate as the other figures were too tall.
* This is a great looking Chewbacca. The colors are more accurate, the sculpt is better, and the new bandolier looks awesome. I love this figure and I'm pretty convinced he is my favorite Chewbacca released in the Black Series yet.
* The headsculpt is pretty good. It's a nice mixture between the "friendly" headsculpt of the TFA version and the angry expression of the Phase II version. I like the paintwork and the expression here much better than the previous releases. It also had a double balljoint (a barbell system), so it moves better than the previous figures, too.
* I do have a few problems with Chewie's articulation, but I'll address them in a minute. For now, I want to appreciate the quality and durability of the figure and the better range of motion for Chewie's mid-torso joint and head. It's nice to see Hasbro offer improvements in the line over time.
* Chewbacca has some very cool accessories and one of those is a pair of goggles that can easily slip over his head. They actually use an elastic band so he can comfortably wear them up on his forehead or over his eyes. They look excellent on him and add a cool, new look to the character.
* Another cool accessory is this incredible rifle that Chewbacca comes with. It resembles some sort of tactical shotgun and, in-universe, it presumably is some sort of slug thrower. The sculpt is excellent as are the colors. It's molded in a great gunmetal silver with brown paint applications on the fore-head slide and the grip.
* On the other side you can actually see that this gun has some cool features: There is a side handle that can pivot out (it is removable if you slide it out the front) and the fore-end slide can "pump" back and forth, as if Chewbacca is racking another cartridge. I love how interactive the rifle is and I cannot wait to see it in action in the film.
* Since the limbs are reused from the previous Chewbacca figures, Chewbacca still has a tough time getting a good two-handed grip on his weapons. The left hand isn't designed to cradle the blaster well and the elbows don't offer a huge range of motion. These really need to be fixed at some point for future Chewies.
* I like the colors better on this figure than on previous ones but I still wish Hasbro would use a wash or drybrush effect on more of the figure to better replicate the complex patterns of Wookie fur.
For more Chewbacca product check out the following: The Smuggler's Bounty Funko POP! Chewbacca #63 [Flocked], the Black Series Phase II Chewbacca and Phase III Chewbacca, the Hasbro Micro Machines R2-D2 playset with a micro Chewbacca, and the Hero Mashers Chewbacca.
For more figures from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III, check out the following:
Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper,
Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Captain Poe Dameron
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Clone Captain Rex (HasCon Exclusive)
Clone Commander Gree
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
Death Star Trooper
DJ (Canto Bight)
Elite Praetorian Guard
Elite Praetorian Guard (with Heavy Blade)
Finn (First Order Disguise)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Stormtrooper Executioner
First Order Stormtrooper (with Gear)
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
General Leia Organa
Grand Admiral Thrawn (SDCC Exclusive)
Grand Moff Tarkin
Guardians of Evil 4-Pack
Han Solo (Solo)
Han Solo (The Force Awakens)
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Imperial Royal Guard
Inferno Squad Agent
Jaina Solo (Legends)
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Kylo Ren (Throne Room)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)- Ahch-To Island
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial
Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia Organa
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Resistance Tech Rose
Rey (Island Journey)
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Jedi Training)
Rey (Jedi Training)- Crait
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Rey's Speeder (Jakku)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
Supreme Leader Snoke (Throne Room)
X-34 Landspeeder & Luke Skywalker (SDCC Exclusive)
X-Wing Pilot Asty