- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
Sunday, May 27, 2018
Something Has Survived!: Pachycephalosaurus from Jurassic World: Legacy Collection by Mattel
Dimensions: 4 inches tall, 7 1/4ths inches long
Articulation: Swivel legs, spring hinged tail, swivel/hinge shoulders, ramming neck, and a balljointed head.
Non-Scalper Price: $10 dollars
* With a name meaning "thick headed lizard" the Pachycephalosaurus is known for the thick, bony skull on the top of its head. The Pachycephalosaurus was a herbivore so Mattel managed to give this dinosaur a gentle, peaceful expression. It seems calm although that won't stop me from having Pachy ram everyone and everything under the sun!
* The skin texture is pretty nice on this fellow as is the paintwork. I like the muted colors here. Maybe not as exciting as some of Kenner's color schemes but I like it. Especially the mottled blue on the back.
* The Legacy Collection dinosaurs all seem to have an action feature and the Pachycephalosaurus' is a ramming head. Just pull the tail down and the neck "retracts" into the body and then springs forward. It's a pretty cool feature and fun to play with. It also doesn't really hurt the sculpt much, either.
* The Pachycephalosaurus has swivel legs that unfortunately do not allow the dinosaur to easily stand up. It's pretty likely that your Pachy will just fall over on your shelf if you don't stand it up exactly right. Maybe it's a lysine contingency action feature?
This is the first Pachycephalosaurus I've reviewed on the site. For more Jurassic World: Legacy Collection reviews, check out the following: