- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
Thursday, September 24, 2015
Action Figure Review: Han Solo Vs. Boba Fett from Star Wars: Hero Mashers by Hasbro
Height: 5 7/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge knees, swivel thighs, swivel/hinge hips, swivel shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge necks.
Accessories: 3 blasters, jetpack, arm cord, dart firing arm cord, and a breath mask.
Non-Scalper Price: $25 dollars.
*While these figures aren't as articulated as The Black Series, they do have more joints than any other Star Wars figures you'll currently find on the shelves. They have some fun, solid articulation and feel rather durable. The only thing that I wish they had were swivel/hinge shoulders, but I'll mention get there in a minute.
* While the various Mashers lines have been out for a year or so now, 2015 seems to be the year of the swappable figures. Hasbro has been putting these out for nearly every property they have and Playmates has a similar range of figures for their TMNT line. I really wasn't too interested in the mashing concept but after I started playing around with these I began having some fun. Here's Han wearing Mandalorian armor! The removable parts are the feet, thighs, lower arms, and head. For the most part the pieces are easy to swap and stay on nice and tight.
* The sculpts of armored characters and aliens work even better in this style and Boba Fett looks really awesome. As mentioned above, this Boba Fett differs from the single packed Fett due to not only his accessories but also his colors. This is definitely more of an ESB Fett while the single-packed version is from ROTJ. There really are lots of cool details on here. I'd love to see these guys in a cartoon of some kind.
* Boba Fett comes with four accessories: His EE-3 Carbine rifle, Mitrinomon Z-6 jetpack, arm cable, and dart launcher. Other than the jetpack the weapons are a bit pliable and seem very durable. There aren't a lot of paint apps on them but they're very clearly recognizable as to what they are.
* Boba Fett looks pretty sweet all geared up. His jet pack tightly snaps onto the two pegs on his back while the cables easily plug into his shoulder and forearm pegs. The dart launching effect on his left wrist is very cool and looks fantastic with a translucent plastic "launching" effect.
* Han comes with two blasters and the Roamer-6 breath mask that he wears while hunting Mynocks inside the space slug. The two blasters are Han's DL-44 heavy blaster pistol and an E-11 blaster rifle.
*And here's Han all geared up! You have to remove his head to put the breathing mask on and the tank can attach to his left shoulder port very easily. I don't think Han Solo ever uses one of the Stormtrooper blaster rifles while wearing this outfit but it does look great with him. I do like the blaster effects, although I'll mention a complaint I have with the weapons here in a second.
*I really wish these guys had swivel/hinge shoulder. The hips, elbows, and knees have swivel/hinge joints, so why not the shoulder? It's also kind of weird that the shoulders don't swap out.
* I've looked at a number of these sets and most of them seem to have this weird smudge where Han's stylish blue jacket meets his white dress shirt. Han might be a scruffy looking nerf herder, but he was always a stylish dresser and wouldn't let something like this happen, right?
I've reviewed a ton of other Star Wars figures, including:
Star Wars by KennerMy First Star Wars Figures
Star Wars: The Black Series (3 3/4 inch) by Hasbro
Clone Trooper Sergeant
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase II (3 3/4 inch) by Hasbro
Star Wars: The Black Series (6 inch) by Hasbro (2013)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Outfit)
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Revenge of the Sith)
Princess Leia (Slave Outfit)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase II (6 inch) by Hasbro (2014)
Boba Fett (Prototype Armor)
Clone Commander Cody
Clone Trooper Captain
Clone Trooper Sergeant
Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Star Wars: Rebels by Hasbro (2014)
Garazeb "Zeb" Orrelios and Stormtrooper
Sabine Wren and Stromtrooper
Stormtrooper Commander and Hera Syndulla
Jedi Temple Guard
Star Wars: The Vintage Collection by Hasbro
Imperial Scanning Crew