- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Sunday, December 24, 2017
Action Figure Review: Resistance Tech Rose from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III by Hasbro
Height: 5 3/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, balljointed hips, balljointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged neck, and a balljointed head.
Accessories: Electro-shock prod and Blastech EL-16HFE rifle.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* While Rose may not have a very Star Wars-ish name, her outfit is very classic Star Wars. It's a somewhat militarily colored set of coveralls with lots of unusual little doodads all over it. It feels like something that could easily have been seen at any point in the Star Wars saga but that particularly looks right at home for the battered and bedraggled Resistance. The sculpt is excellent and while there are not a ton of paint operations, what is here works great.
* While the newest Black Series figures are just starting to show up with the face printing technology, Rose still looks quite good. She's easily recognizable and captures both Kelly Marie Tran's facial features and Rose's hairstyle well.
* I love the wrinkles in the technicians coveralls Rose is wearing. She has an impressive amount of really nice detail. I also like the hood hanging down in the back. It's not functional but it's an excellent detail.
* The aurebesh on Rose's chest reads: GLD, Landing Officer. This identifies Rose as part of the Ground Logistics Division, part of the crew who would handle the repair, fueling, and maintenance of ships. The printing is extremely neat and this and the fact that it's legible (although I did have to magnify it a bit) is a tribute to the printing work Hasbro used here.
* I have no idea what is in Rose's left cargo pocket but it's very, very cool. I love the little techy details.
* One of my favorite details is the antique ring that Rose wears on her right hand. In the film it's able to flip open to reveal the Rebel Phoenix logo. It's a cool concept and plays a meaningful part in the film. I'd love to own a prop replica ring.
* I love the inclusion of the electro-shock prod. Everyone was speculating as to what this accessory was prior to the film's release so it's cool to see that it turned out to be a somewhat significant accessory. The paintwork on it is quite nice and it fits nicely in Rose's hand for real "Finn shocking action!"
* The electro-shock prod also fits easily onto Rose's very cool belt. It's a nice feature and looks terrific.
* Rose also comes with a Blastech EL-16HFE rifle which is very similar to the rifle included with the Target exclusive Poe Dameron figure from The Force Awakens. The paintjob and sculpt is excellent. I love the weathering effect on this blaster.
This is the first version of Rose available in the 6-inch Black Series line but she does have two other costumes in the film that could be made as well. I really like this one. I can understand why folks might not think it's the most exciting figure visually but after seeing the film and being introduced to the character I think it's one of the best in the line. This is an Epic figure with excellent sculpting (including some really great work at making the suit look baggy like coveralls should be), clean paint and printing, and some excellent accessories.
This is the first item based on Rose Tick I've picked up. If you're looking for more Star Wars: The Black Series figures, check out the following:
442nd Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper, Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Captain Poe Dameron
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Clone Captain Rex (HasCon Exclusive)
Clone Commander Gree
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
Elite Praetorian Guard
Elite Praetorian Guard (with Heavy Blade)
Finn (First Order Disguise)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order Stormtrooper Executioner
First Order Stormtrooper (with Gear)
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
General Leia Organa
Grand Admiral Thrawn (SDCC Exclusive)
Guardians of Evil 4-Pack
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Imperial Royal Guard
Inferno Squad Agent
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
Phase 1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia Organa
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Jedi Training)
Rey (Jedi Training)- Crait
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Rey's Speeder (Jakku)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
Supreme Leader Snoke (Throne Room)
X-34 Landspeeder & Luke Skywalker (SDCC Exclusive)
X-Wing Pilot Asty