- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
Saturday, December 30, 2017
Action Figure Review: Wonder Girl (Teen Titans) from DC Comics Multiverse by Mattel
Height: 6 1/4th inches
Articulation: Hinged ankles, hinged knees, swivel thighs, swivel/ hinge hips, mid-torso swivel, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps, swivel/ hinge elbows, swivel wrists, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: Head and legs of Collect & Connect figure Dr. Psycho.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* Wonder Girl has a pretty nice appearance with quite a few new bits of tooling. While she is as tall as a standard figure (and not sized to go along with some of the older DC Universe Classics Teen Titans figures) she looks good mixed in with most figures from the various Mattel lines. She has a somewhat stylized appearance that should go along with the Young Justice line, but it isn't too stylized that she won't stand out with your other DCUC or DC Multiverse figures.
* Cassie is definitely built with a mostly older style of design that's closer to DCUC, although there are some odd differences. She's not incredibly well articulated but she still can take some fun poses and is a decent figure to play around with do to her sturdiness.
* I really like the portrait. The eyes are very clean and expressive and the headsculpt, especially the hair, is rather lovely. Again, there is a but of a stylized look here but I think it works.
* It's not very detailed but Wonder Girl is sporting a lasso on her belt. She also has some white stars on her hips that are very clean tampographic stamps.
* Wonder Girl includes two pieces for the smaller Dr. Psycho Collect and Connect figure. You'll only need to purchase her and the Frank Miller inspired Wonder Woman to build Dr. Psycho, so that makes for a fairly easy figure to build. Cassie comes with Dr. Psycho's head and his legs and waist, which are all one piece.
* While I like the bold primary colors of the raised "W" on her chest, the paint work is pretty messy around the edges. Considering that there is not a lot of paintwork on the figure overall this stands out a bit.
Wonder Girl is a slightly above average DC Comics Multiverse figure. Of course, she's a new character in Mattel's long line of DC Comics efforts so that's a plus. She's a great looking figure that should nicely fill a spot in most DC collections although it would be nice if she had another accessory or two. She's a Good and a 1/2 figure.
The only other Cassie Sandsmark/ Wonder Girl item I've reviewed is the Kotobukiya Wonder Girl Bishoujo statue. For more DC Comics Multiverse figures, check out the following:
Batgirl (The Batgirl of Burnside)
Batman (Batman: Zero Year)
Batman (DC Rebirth)
Batwing (DC Rebirth)
Damian Wayne Robin (Robin War)
Duke Thomas (We Are Robin)
Earth 23 Superman
The Flash: From Page to Screen
Jim Gordon Batman (Batman: Superheavy)
The Joker (Batman: Endgame)
The Reaper (Batman: Year Two)
Rookie (Collect & Connect figure)
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Armored Batman (The Dark Knight Returns)
Batman & Superman (The Dark Knight Returns)
The Flash & The Atom (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns)
The Joker (The Dark Knight Returns)
Mutant Leader (The Dark Knight Returns)
Robin (The Dark Knight Returns)
Son of Batman
Batman v. Superman
Batman's Grapnel Blaster (Collect & Connect accessory)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Reverse Flash (The Flash TV Series)
Batman (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Cyborg (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Mother Boxes (Collect & Connect Accessory)
Steppenwolf (Collect & Connect Figure)
Harley Quinn (6 inch)
Harley Quinn (12 inch)
Harley Quinn (Gold Dress)
Harley Quinn (Toys R Us Exclusive)
The Joker (Toys R Us Exclusive)
Supergirl TV Series
Diana of Themyscira
Wonder Woman (Toys 'R Us exclusive)