that's what the Hasbro release calls this figure. This crate's theme was "The Last Jedi" so we've received a plethora of goodies from the new film including a Rey keychain, a First Order bandanna, some Elite Praetorian Guard socks, and a Poe Dameron POP! that I'll be reviewing here soon, too! Oddly enough there is no pin or patch, making this the first Smuggler's Bounty crate to come without those pieces. Let's check out this new version of the now mysterious Luke Skywalker after the break...
Height: 2 3/4ths inches (with base)
Articulation: Bobbling head
Non-Scalper Price: $25 dollars in a box with a bandanna, socks, a keychain, and a deluxe POP! vinyl.
* While the Mystery Minis have a stylized appearance of their own, not unlike the Rock Candy figures, the likeness is still pretty good. From what I can tell this looks quite a bit like the older Luke Skywalker that will appear in The Last Jedi. The paintwork is sharp and clean and I'm liking how the eyes are painted as if they're looking to the side.
* Hasbro has called this outfit "Jedi Exile" and it seems to be what Luke wears more often in the film. It's a very cool outfit that doesn't scream "Jedi" although it does have touches of Anakin's outfit from Episode III. The pose is solid and there are lots of unique textures used here too, particularly on the tunic. Also, the staff is very, very cool.
* On his back Luke is carrying a backpack that looks to contain lots of cool items. Now I'm really awaiting the Episode VIII visual guide to see what all of these are and the release of a Black Series version of this figure that will hopefully include this pack.
* What's that on Luke's neck? It seems to be a red kyber crystal! Pretty cool little detail on the Mystery Mini. It will be interesting to see how this weaves into the film's plot.
* To help keep him standing tall Luke is permanently affixed to a black plastic base with the Star Wars logo. It almost looks like that if you had more than one Star Wars Mystery Mini that they could attach together.
Looking for more Luke Skywalker reviews? You're in luck! A few months back I reviewed the Funko POP! Luke Skywalker with Landspeeder! I've also reviewed micro
versions of Luke from the Galoob Micro Machines Classic Characters (2nd Edition) set and the Hasbro Endor Forest Battle, multiple Black Series Lukes including (Bespin Outfit), (X-Wing Pilot), (Jedi Knight) , (Stormtrooper Disguise), in Hoth Disguise with Wampa, Jedi Master, the standard classic Luke Skywalker, and the SDCC Luke with the X-34 Landspeeder. Oh, and the Hero Mashers Luke Skywalker and Luke Skywalker Vs. Darth Vader.
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess