Height: 6 3/4 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, thigh swivels, balljointed hips w/ vertical hinges, waist hinge, balljointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, bicep swivels, double hinged elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, and a balljointed head.
Accessories: Parachute pack, cape, goggles
Non-Scalper Price: $24-$28 dollars
Sculpted by: Amos Hemsley
* Batgirl is a terrific looking figure. I think the tall, thin appearance of the figure definitely makes this outfit look better than it did on the statue. The paintjob is very crisp and clean and the corset is quite nicely sculpted. It's actually a separately molded piece so the ears of the bat across the figure's chest stick up, making it seem like an actual piece of clothing.
* The Bombshells have some fantastic articulation in this line. It's definitely one of the most well articulated lines DC Collectibles has ever released. She is just so insanely fun to play with and to photograph. Unfortunately, mine has a breakage issue, but I'll get to that in a minute.
* I love this headsculpt. It's very lovely and fitting of Batgirl. The paintwork is crisp, the expression is jubilant, and the hair flowing out of her aviatrix cap helps to identify her as an old-school pilot with hair blowing in the wind.
* Batgirl includes a pair of goggles that fit over her head. The fit is quite snug (so be careful putting them on) but they look great. You can position them down over Batgirl's face, rest them on her forehead, or just leave them in her hands. It's nice to have a few display options here.
* The "utility" belt that Batgirl is wearing is a great detail. I love the large yellow pouches and the stylized batsymbol belt buckle.
* Her boots are great, too. There are two different shades of yellow used along with lots of laces and a little bat emblem on the top of the boot.
* Batgirl includes a removable parachute pack, an item present on the original statue as well. The backpack looks nicely weathered and the chute actually has a hinge joint allowing it to open and close.
* There is small cape included that can fit inside of the parachute pack, hanging down. It would have been nice if two capes had been included (with one stretching out to the side like in the statue's design) but having the option to use the cape or not is another cool feature that gives you some variety in how you display Batgirl.
* First things first: Due to the severe heels of Batgirl's boots there is no way you're getting her to stand up on her own without using a stand or propping her against something.
Big Bad Toy Store and they're sending me a replacement. They have great customer service and I can't recommend them enough.
Batgirl easily could have been another really strong entry in this series but the quality control issues definitely cause my opinion of her to fall. Since her leg didn't fully break off I'm still giving her a Good overall rating. It definitely seems more like a one-off QC issue than a poor design. If it hadn't been for that, Batgirl would easily be a Great or Great and 1/2 figure. I am disappointed that DC Collectibles did away with the alternate hands and other cool accessories that the first series had, though. They really helped to make those original figures something special.
I've reviewed so much Batgirl stuff that she has her own review archive!
If you're looking for more DC Designer Series figures, check out the following:
Amanda Conner Series
Holiday Harley Quinn
Spacesuit Harley Quinn
Superhero Harley Quinn
Traditional Harley Quinn
Ant Lucia Series
Bombshells Harley Quinn
Bombshells Poison Ivy
Bombshells Wonder Woman
Darwyn Cooke Series
Greg Capullo Series
Zero Year: Survival Batman