Starfire) and, like her, is another figure who was originally released in DC Universe Classics. I owned the DCUC Beast Boy at one point but I actually traded him away many years ago to pick up some MOTUC stuff I was missing. Since then Beast Boy has become one of the more difficult to track down DCUC figures, so it's nice to have another chance at the character. I like this version of Beast Boy much better, too. Let's check out Beast Boy after the break...
Height: 6 1/2 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, thigh swivels,
balljointed hips, swivel waist, mid-torso hinge, swivel/hinge shoulders,
bicep swivels, hinged elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, and a
Accessories: Collect & Connect Ninja Batman left arm, two interchangeable left hands, sword, and sheathe.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* Beast Boy is really a fantastic looking figure. His crimson uniform really stands out from his green skin and while most of the details are painted, the zipper and collar are sculpted elements. His skin tone is excellent and the tufts of fur on his forearms and legs definitely helps show off his animal nature while still depicting him Gar in his normal form. I think he's much more dynamic and exciting than the previous Beast Boy figure.
* The headsculpt is excellent. It's definitely a more modern take on the character and I love it. He's got a great expression with those raised eyebrows and the beginning of a huge grin. Kinds who know him from Teen Titans Go! or DC Super Hero Girls will probably get a kick out of him.
* Seriously, the animal-like feet and claws definitely help make Beast Boy standout in the line. Mattel really has been using a nice number of new parts on the line and details like this definitely help sell characters. I love the claws and the tufts of fur!
* Mattel's current articulation scheme on most of the DC Multiverse figures is nearly as good as Hasbro's Marvel Legends line, but without any rubbery joints. Beast Boy is excellent: Well articulated, durable, and fun to play with. It really is a shame that Mattel is losing the license to make collector's figures for DC as they've finally seem to hit their groove again.
* Beast Boy doesn't come with any accessories of his own this time around but he does come with quite a few pieces for Ninja Batman, who I'm really not planning to build. Still, I can probably trade or sell these. He's got a left arm, two interchangeable hands, a katana, and a sheathe.
Do you love Beast Boy, mama? Then check out the DC Super Hero Girls Beast Boy from the action collection 6-pack and the Beast Boy mini from the Teen Titans Go! To the Movies line.
For more DC Comics Multiverse figures, check out the following:
Batgirl (The Batgirl of Burnside)
Batman (Batman: Reborn)
Batman (Batman: Zero Year)
Batman (DC Rebirth)
Batwing (DC Rebirth)
Batwoman (DC Rebirth)
Clayface (Collect & Connect Figure)
Damian Wayne Robin (Robin War)
Doctor Psycho (Collect & Connect figure)
Duke Thomas (We Are Robin)
Earth 23 Superman
The Flash: From Page to Screen
Harley Quinn (Detective Comics)
Jessica Cruz (DC Rebirth)
Jim Gordon Batman (Batman: Superheavy)
The Joker (Batman: Endgame)
Katana (DC Rebirth)
KGBeast (DC Rebirth)
King Shark (Collect & Connect Figure)
The Reaper (Batman: Year Two)
Red Hood (DC Rebirth)
Red Robin (DC Rebirth)
Rookie (Collect & Connect figure)
Spoiler (Detective Comics)
Starfire (DC Rebirth)
Superman (DC Rebirth)
Two-Face (All-Star Batman)
Wonder Girl (Teen Titans)
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Armored Batman (The Dark Knight Returns)
Batman & Superman (The Dark Knight Returns)
The Flash & The Atom (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns)
The Joker (The Dark Knight Returns)
Mutant Leader (The Dark Knight Returns)
Robin (The Dark Knight Returns)
Son of Batman
Batman v. Superman
Batman's Grapnel Blaster (Collect & Connect accessory)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Reverse Flash (The Flash TV Series)
Aquaman (Toys R Us Exclusive)
Batman (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Cyborg (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Mother Boxes (Collect & Connect Accessory)
Steppenwolf (Collect & Connect Figure)
Harley Quinn (6 inch)
Harley Quinn (12 inch)
Harley Quinn (Gold Dress)
Harley Quinn (Toys R Us Exclusive)
The Joker (Toys R Us Exclusive)
Supergirl TV Series
Diana of Themyscira
Wonder Woman (Toys 'R Us exclusive)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast