Steppenwolf, thus bringing the general and his minions to Earth. I'm pretty excited that a number of Jack Kirby originated characters and concepts are making their way into the DCEU. The Mother Boxes come packaged in the Wal-Mart exclusive miniseries that consists of a standard Batman and Cyborg in his supercharged suit. Each figure includes three half cubes. I've already reviewed the figures but since I always review Build-a-Figures/ Collect & Connects separately, I figured I'd take a look at these as well. More Fourth World craziness after the break...
Dimensions: 1 1/4 inches
Figures Needed to Complete the Accessory: The Wal-Mart exclusive Batman and Cyborg
* The Atleantean Mother Box has a sandlike textue on the side panels and silver edges and corners. Like the rest of the cubes, the Atleantean Mother Box is hollow inside and is made up of two pieces.
* The paintwork is pretty cool on the Atlantean Mother Box but the two sides don't exactly meet up. The technical fit is fine but the designs don't mesh perfectly. It's a little odd from some angles.
* The Human Mother Box, probably the one used to help complete Cyborg, is pretty sweet looking. I love the dark colors accented in copper.
* The design on the side looks great. It kind of reminds me of a compass rose or an emblem of the sort present on an old map.
* Last, and probably best, is the Themysciran Mother Box. The design is beautiful. I love he colors used here. It's really impressive work.
* Here's a view from the side. Interestingly, both the Human and the Themysciran Mother Boxes have 12 dots on each side. Is this symbolic, perhaps?
Grapnel Blaster from BvS) but I'm glad to have them. These are a Great little extra that prove to be a nice surprise.
If you're looking for more DC Comics Multiverse figures, check out the following:
DC Comics Multiverse (6 inches) by Mattel (2016)
Batgirl (The Batgirl of Burnside)
Batman (Batman: Zero Year)
Damian Wayne Robin (Robin War)
Earth 23 Superman
Jim Gordon Batman (Batman: Superheavy)
The Joker (Batman: Endgame)
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Armored Batman (The Dark Knight Returns)
Batman & Superman (The Dark Knight Returns)
The Flash & The Atom (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns)
The Joker (The Dark Knight Returns)
Mutant Leader (The Dark Knight Returns)
Robin (The Dark Knight Returns)
Son of Batman
Batman v. Superman
Batman's Grapnel Blaster (Collect & Connect accessory)
Reverse Flash (The Flash TV Series)
Batman (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Cyborg (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Steppenwolf (Collect & Connect Figure)
Harley Quinn (6 inch)
Harley Quinn (12 inch)
Harley Quinn (Gold Dress)
Harley Quinn (Toys R Us Exclusive)
The Joker (Toys R Us Exclusive)
Diana of Themyscira
Wonder Woman (Toys 'R Us exclusive)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
Friday, October 20, 2017
Unite the League: Mother Boxes from DC Comics Multiverse: Justice League by Mattel
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
What'chu talkin' 'bout?