Steppenwolf, Batman and Cyborg each includes the halves of three separate Mother Boxes. That's an interesting idea for a build-a-figure item, isn't it? Let's check out this Batman figure after the break and see how he stacks up...
Height: 6 5/8ths
Articulation: Hinged ankles, hinged knees, swivel thighs, H-hinged hips,
swivel waist, mid-torso hinge, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps,
swivel/hinge elbows, swivel wrists, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: Three Collect & Connect Mother Box halves.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* While the Tactical Suit Batman from the standard Justice League series is easily distinguishable from this one, I do think it's worth nothing that this figure is pretty different from the BvS and Suicide Squad releases. While the belt, legs, and boots are the same molds, everything above the waist is entirely new on this release.
* I love the BvS Batsuit and I'm really liking this one, too. It's a bit darker in color (closer to black, but not quite there yet) with slightly longer ears on the cowl and a differently shaped Bat-logo. The overall color is pretty nice looking and the design seems to be a bit more armored. It seems to a blend of the comic styled suit and the Nolan-verse suits, perhaps with just a bit of the New 52 suit thrown in.
* This is a much better headsculpt than one included with the BvS and Suicide Squad figures. It honestly looks much better in hand than in pictures. I honestly think the shading on the exposed mouth looks better. It almost appears that there is some stubble present. The eyes are greatly improved, too.
* The Bat-logo and the armored elements on the stomach look great. The textures on the suit are pretty strong, too. Mattel has definitely been doing really well on their texturing on their movie based figures.
* You know I always have to point out the status of the spikes on Batman's gauntlets and I;m happy to report that these gauntlets are A-OK. They look pretty useful and aren't warped in the least. They also have a cool paintjob to highlight them a bit more against the charcoal color of the suit.
* I really do like soft goods capes. The material has a pleathery feel on the outside (with a
softer feel on the inside). We're not talking Mezco One:12 Collective quality by any stretch of the imagination, but this is still quite a bit cooler than your standard solid plastic cape.
* I gotta admit: Mattel's articulation scheme on these figures has finally worn on me. Maybe it's just because it seems so boring or maybe it's because I see Hasbro doing so much better with their Star Wars: The Black Series and Marvel Legends in the same scale and price range, but the articulation on these seem rather crummy. I still think the standard DCUC would be preferable.
* The range of motion on these elbows is unacceptable! Batman can hardly move those arms!
* Batman should never, ever come empty handed. How hard would it have been to throw in a batarang or a grapnel gun?
* I like the soft goods cape but the pleathery texture on the outside of it seems to be prone to rolling up. I have no idea how to get this to unroll. Anyone have an idea?
I've reviewed so many Batman action figures that the man has his own review index!
If you're looking for more DC Comics Multiverse figures, check out the following:
DC Comics Multiverse (6 inches) by Mattel (2016)
Batgirl (The Batgirl of Burnside)
Batman (Batman: Zero Year)
Damian Wayne Robin (Robin War)
Earth 23 Superman
Jim Gordon Batman (Batman: Superheavy)
The Joker (Batman: Endgame)
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Armored Batman (The Dark Knight Returns)
Batman & Superman (The Dark Knight Returns)
The Flash & The Atom (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns)
The Joker (The Dark Knight Returns)
Mutant Leader (The Dark Knight Returns)
Robin (The Dark Knight Returns)
Son of Batman
Batman v. Superman
Batman's Grapnel Blaster (Collect & Connect accessory)
Reverse Flash (The Flash TV Series)
Steppenwolf (Collect & Connect Figure)
Harley Quinn (6 inch)
Harley Quinn (12 inch)
Harley Quinn (Gold Dress)
Harley Quinn (Toys R Us Exclusive)
The Joker (Toys R Us Exclusive)
Diana of Themyscira
Wonder Woman (Toys 'R Us exclusive)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast