Armored Batman, Robin, and the Mutant Leader) but I didn't pick up Supergirl, Superman: Doomed, or Lex Luthor in his prison duds. Now that I have Supergirl, let's check her out after the break...
Height: 6 1/4 inches
Articulation: Swivel/ hinged ankles, hinged knees, swivel thighs, H-hinged hips, swivel waist,
mid-torso hinge, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/ hinge elbows, swivel wrists, and a ball
Accessories: Left leg of the Collect & Connect figure Doomsday
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* Due to their use of unique sculpts on most of the DC Comics Multiverse figures, Mattel at least does each character's costume justice. This is a great looking rendition of the Supergirl costume! The red piping on the chest and arms might be a bit more prominent than it is on the show but everything else looks great. The paint colors are spot on and the paint applications are incredibly neat and clean.
* The articulation is quite good. Actually, it's a bit better than usual due to the presence of some degree of swivel/hinge ankles. The ankles do rotate a bit, allowing for more stable poses that just look better. I wish every DC Multiverse figure had those.
* The "S" logo and the piping are actually sculpted element s(not just painted on) and they look great.
* Supergirl's cape turned out really good. It's a flexible plastic piece that isn't too large, doesn't jut out at an unusual angle, and has a nice level of detail.
This is Melissa Benoist who plays Supergirl. Does this figure look like her? Kind of. First of all, the picture to the right is probably showing the figure much larger than it actually is. In person I think Mattel did a decent job of capturing Melissa Benoist. Not good enough that you would recognize this headsculpt on its own but definitely good enough that with the Supergirl body or if someone told you who it was, you'd say "Oh, I see it."
* Supergirl includes the left leg of Doomsday from the Collect & Connect figure. I actually sold my Doomsday parts last year, thinking I'd never build the figure, but now I kind of want to build him.
* There are definitely some instances of paint rub on Supergirl's tights. These seem to come from the skirt. Just a simple QC issue but a bit annoying.
Looking for more Supergirl? I've also reviewed the Lil Bombshells standard Supergirl minifigure and the "Noir" Supergirl variant, the single packed DC Nano Metalfigs Supergirl and the Pack B 5-figure set, and the the Supergirl from the DC Super Hero Girls Action Pack six figure set!
If you're looking for more DC Comics Multiverse figures, check out the following:
Batgirl (The Batgirl of Burnside)
Batman (Batman: Zero Year)
Batman (DC Rebirth)
Batwing (DC Rebirth)
Damian Wayne Robin (Robin War)
Duke Thomas (We Are Robin)
Earth 23 Superman
The Flash: From Page to Screen
Jim Gordon Batman (Batman: Superheavy)
The Joker (Batman: Endgame)
The Reaper (Batman: Year Two)
Rookie (Collect & Connect figure)
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Armored Batman (The Dark Knight Returns)
Batman & Superman (The Dark Knight Returns)
The Flash & The Atom (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns)
The Joker (The Dark Knight Returns)
Mutant Leader (The Dark Knight Returns)
Robin (The Dark Knight Returns)
Son of Batman
Batman v. Superman
Batman's Grapnel Blaster (Collect & Connect accessory)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Reverse Flash (The Flash TV Series)
Batman (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Cyborg (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Mother Boxes (Collect & Connect Accessory)
Steppenwolf (Collect & Connect Figure)
Harley Quinn (6 inch)
Harley Quinn (12 inch)
Harley Quinn (Gold Dress)
Harley Quinn (Toys R Us Exclusive)
The Joker (Toys R Us Exclusive)
Diana of Themyscira
Wonder Woman (Toys 'R Us exclusive)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast