- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Friday, June 16, 2017
Action Figure Review: Wonder Woman from DC Comics Multiverse: Wonder Woman by Mattel
Height: 6 3/8ths inches
Articulation: Hinged ankles, hinged knees, swivel thighs, H-hinged hips, swivel waist, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel wrists, and a ball-jointed head.
Accessories: Sword, lasso, shield, and a shield for the build-a-figure Ares.
Non-Scalper Price: $20
Mattel has reused the entire body from that toy for both this figure and the cloaked Wonder Woman figure. This figure also shares the harness and paintjob with the cloaked figure, which I've already looked at. The main differences from this figure and the previous two are the new headsculpt and the shield accessory. For the full scoop, check out those previous reviews for my thoughts on the articulation, sculpt, and paintwork.
* I really like this headsculpt. Mattel really has improved the likenesses and the quality of the portraits in this series from their previous movie and TV based Multiverse lines. To be honest, especially considering this is a $20 figure, I think the quality is nearly as good a the images we're seeing from other more expensive versions of Wonder Woman. Nice sculpt and really solid paintwork.
* Wonder Woman also includes a really cool shield. It's completely different from the BvS shield and has an incredible sculpt. I love the paintwork on this, too. It looks very realistic!
* Wonder Woman also includes... another shield? Yup, but this one is for Ares, the build-a-figure for this series. This is a pretty large shield and it's even cooler than Wonder Woman's shield. This looks great with Ares, but could fit in with a number of figures from other lines (MOTUC) or even the DC Universe Classics Ares).
* Wonder Woman actually has some decent head articulation. Unfortunately, there are some odd brown paint rub spots on her neck and shoulders. It's probably just paint rub from the hair but it's pretty noticeable when moving Diana's head.
Ares or any other action figure needing a wicked cool shield. While I still question the logic of making this version of Wonder Woman an exclusive, she's a solid figure. I'd give her a Great rating. She's an improvement over the previous Gal Gadot inspired Wonder Woman figures and is just a darn fine Wonder Woman on her own. Since the upcoming Justice League version of Wonder Woman doesn't appear to be much different from this one (DC doesn't seem to be all about changing the movie costumes like Marvel), you could probably get away with picking this one up now to be the default Wonder Woman in your Mattel movie-based Justice League.
If you're looking for more Wonder Woman stuff I have reviewed a few other Wonder Woman products including the cloaked Mattel movie Wonder Woman and movie Diana of Themyscira, Kotobukiya's Bishoujo Armored Wonder Woman, the New 52 Wonder Woman versus Katana 2-pack, the Gal Gadot inspired Wonder Woman from Mattel's DC Comics Multiverse: BvS line, the Bombshells action figure Wonder Woman, the Lil Bombshells Wonder Woman, and a set of Batgirl and Wonder Woman Magnetic Salt & Pepper Shakers.
If you're looking for more DC Comic Multiverse action figures, check out the following:
DC Comics Multiverse (6 inches) by Mattel (2016)
Armored Batman (The Dark Knight Returns)
Batgirl (The Batgirl of Burnside)
Batman (Batman: Zero Year)
Damian Wayne Robin (Robin War)
Earth 23 Superman
Jim Gordon Batman (Batman: Superheavy)
The Joker (Batman: Endgame)
The Joker (The Dark Knight Returns)
Mutant Leader (The Dark Knight Returns)
Reverse Flash (The Flash TV Series)
Robin (The Dark Knight Returns)
DC Comics Multiverse: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns by Mattel (2016)
Son of Batman
DC Comics Multiverse: Batman v. Superman by Mattel (2016)
Batman's Grapnel Blaster (Collect & Connect accessory)
DC Comics Multiverse: Suicide Squad by Mattel (2016)
Harley Quinn (6 inch)
Harley Quinn (12 inch)
Harley Quinn (Gold Dress)
Harley Quinn (Toys R Us Exclusive)
The Joker (Toys R Us Exclusive)
DC Comics Multiverse: Wonder Woman by Mattel (2017)
Diana of Themyscira