Toys R Us exclusive Joker near the end of July and now, around two months later, I'm finally getting around to reviewing the regular release. This is an outfit that the Joker wears in the film although I don't think it's his most memorable look. Still, any Joker look is pretty interesting, right? Let's take a closer look at the Joker after the break...
Height: 6 1/4 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, hinged knees, swivel thighs, H-hinged hips, swivel waist, mid-torso hinge, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel wrists, and a balljointed head.
Accessories: Cane, removable coat, and Collect & Connect figure Killer Croc's right leg.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* The Joker's tattoos look really good. I was checking these out compared to some images from the making of Suicide Squad book and I think Mattel nailed them. They're great and I only regret that Mattel didn't give us a pure shirtless Joker.
* Check out that crazy hand tattoo! I love it. While the Joker lacks the ability to truly hold it up this his mouth (he needs some double jointed elbows for that) the paint work on this tattoo is really quite impressive.
* The Joker is wearing some Arkham Asylum branded pants that he escaped from jail with in this outfit and, being a huge Batman fan, I just can't help but love this detail. The print is clean and these really do look like something from an institutional setting. Neat detail.
* While it drives me absolutely nuts that Mattel continues to split build-a-figures over two waves that ship at different times, I'm still excited about building Croc and adding him to the lineup. At this point the only figure I'm missing is Katana and thus I'm missing Croc's head and waist.
* The Joker comes with a cane. It's simple, but I'll take it. It looks good with him and works to help add some pizazz to any number of poses.
* After really getting invested in Hasbro's excellent Marvel Legends offerings I've become more disappointed with what Mattel's offering. Not only is the Joker less articulated than almost any Marvel Legends figure but some of his articulation just doesn't work. His ankles are useless as are his knees. The joints seem to tight and limited to even get a pose. Lame, Mattel.
their wrestling figures. They ain't perfect but they're much better than a half removable jacket.
* This face just doesn't scream Jared Leto to me. It's just....odd. I could almost see the likeness in the Toys R Us exclusive figure but here? Nope. The paint work on the lips, teeth, and tattoos is good but the hairline is a mess. Ugghh...
I've reviewed tons of Joker figures, including:
I've reviewed plenty of other Joker toys including the Toys R Us exclusive Suicide Squad Joker, the Lego Arkham Asylum set with a orange suited Joker, the Arkham Asylum Clayface with a Joker head, the Arkham Origins The Joker and The Joker as Red Hood, Copperhead, & Deathstroke (Unmasked) Action Figure 3-Pack, Mattel's Batman TV Series The Joker, the Batman Power Attack "Attack in the Box" The Joker, the MAFEX Heath Ledger inspired The Joker No.005 and Bank Robber Joker, Mattel's Multiverse The Joker from Batman: Endgame, the Imaginext The Joker and The Joker & Harley Quinn, Kenner's The Laughing Man Joker and Laughing Gas Joker, and DC Collectibles' New 52 The Joker.
I've reviewed plenty of other DC Comics Multiverse figures as well:
DC Comics Multiverse (6 inches) by Mattel (2016)
Armored Batman (The Dark Knight Returns)
Batman from Zero Year
Earth 23 Superman
The Joker from Batman: Endgame
Reverse Flash (The Flash TV Series)
DC Comics Multiverse: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns by Mattel (2016)
Son of Batman
DC Comics Multiverse: Batman v. Superman by Mattel (2016)
Batman's Grapnel Blaster (Collect & Connect accessory)
DC Comics Multiverse: Suicide Squad by Mattel (2016)
Harley Quinn (6 inch)
Harley Quinn (12 inch)
Harley Quinn (Gold Dress)
Harley Quinn (Toys R Us Exclusive)
The Joker (Toys R Us Exclusive)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap