Batman Unlimited and DC Comics Signature Collection lines. I'm glad to see some quality 6 inch figures back on shelves and I knew that I needed this armored version of Batman. Ready for a closer look? Then join me after the break...
Height: 6 3/4 inches
Articulation: Hinged ankles, hinged knees, swivel thighs, H-hinged hips, swivel waist, mid-torso hinge, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel wrists, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: Assault rifle and Collect & Connect piece #4
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
*The articulation on this figure is pretty excellent overall. He's basically built like a DCUC figure but with the addition of swivel/hinge elbows. The armored suit hides most of the joints well allowing for a incredible look in many poses. This guy feels really sturdy and is just pure hand candy when you start posing him. I have one complaint about the articulation, but I'll deal with that below.
* I'm really liking the sculpt. At first I thought it was a bit soft but the more I look at it the more I appreciate some of the smaller details that cover it. It's definitely far better than most other retail focused movie tie-in toylines and I'd honestly say the body is comparable to all but the best work we see from DC Collectibles.
* Check out the bottom of his boots. Armored cleats, baby! This absolutely hearkens back to Bruce giving Clark a face full of his foot in The Dark Knight Returns and should hopefully please fans of that book (I know that I was quite thrilled to see this little detail).
Zack Snyder has ruined Batman cuz Batfleck is packing heat!
OK, I'm just being facetious. The author of that article is a friend of mine and, if you look in the comments, you can see I like to keep him on his toes. That being said, yeah, this is a Batman figure that comes with a gun. From the other toys nearby, though, it seems like Batman uses a gun with Kryptonite bullets in order to keep Superman in check. Seems reasonable. I love this accessory and Batman looks awesome holding it. It's a terrific sculpt with a nice amount of detail.
* And here's Collect & Connect piece #4! It's a holder that snaps onto the side of the grapnel gun to hold two extra grapnels. Nothing too exciting by itself but the paint work does have a nice drybrushed appearance.
* I mentioned above that I had one complaint about the articulation: It's the lack of any kind of lateral motion on the ankles here. Batman really needs some lateral motion or ankle rockers to help give him better poses but, unfortunately, Mattel has left these out.
* The only part about the sculpt I'm not completely sold on is the head. Not the helmet but the head underneath the helmet. It's not atrocious or anything but it definitely doesn't convey the idea of a head in a heavy metal helmet as much as it should. Bruce's visible mouth just doesn't look quite right here for some reason.
While Mattel is now reentering the 6 inch scale with these new Multiverse figures, the line has been around since 2013 in the 1/18th scale. I've only reviewed a couple of figures from that line:
DC Comics Multiverse by Mattel
Mr. Freeze from Arkham City
The Penguin from Batman Returns
I have reviewed so many Batman figures that it's not even funny anymore. I've reviewed:
I've also reviewed plenty of other figures of Batman himself, including:
Batman by Mattel (2003)
Arctic Shield Batman
Batman by NECA (2013)
1/4 Scale Michael Keaton Batman
Batman Animated by DC Collectibles (2014)
The New Batman Adventures
Batman: Arkham Asylum by DC Collectibles
Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham Origins, Batman: Arkham City Bruce Wayne,
Batman: Arkham City, and Batman: Arkham Knight five pack
Batman: Arkham City by DC Collectibles (2011)
Rabbit Hole Batman
Batman: Arkham Origins by DC Collectibles (2013)
Batman: Classic TV Series by Mattel (2013)
Surf's Up Batman
Batman: Classic TV Series Bendables by NJ Croce (2014)
Batman Unlimited by Mattel
Beware the Batman
The Dark Knight Returns Batman
DC Comics Unlimited by Mattel
DC Total Heroes by Mattel
DC Total Heroes Ultra by Mattel
Legends of Batman by Kenner
Dark Rider Batman
Dark Warrior Batman
Deluxe Flightpak Batman
Deluxe Silver Knight Batman
Egyptian Batman & Egyptian Catwoman
Pirate Batman and Pirate Two-Face
Ultra Armor Batman
Young Justice: Invasion by Mattel
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess