Height: 6 1/2 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, thigh swivels, balljointed hips, swivel waist, mid-torso hinge, swivel/hinge shoulders, bicep swivels, hinged elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged neck, and a balljointed head.
Accessories: 2 interchangeable portraits, mask, and the left leg for the Killer Croc Collect & Connect figure.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* Overall I do like the look of this costume. It pretty nicely captures the look of Dick Grayson as Batman from Grant Morrison's Batman & Robin run and has the unique utility belt along with the gray and dark blue color scheme. It may not be as immediately recognizable as some batsuits but when you compare it, it definitely captures a very specific period in the Caped Crusader's history.
* I like the headsculpt here. Dick Grayson was a very different type of Batman and the thinner face and smirk he's wearing convey that nicely. This is a pretty good portrait.
* The articulation is quite good here, too, allowing Batman to take some great poses. Heck, he can even crouch atop a building, keeping watch over the city below. He's a sturdy, well made figure and if he only had better elbow hinges he'd be perfect.
* Dick comes with a separate cowl piece that he can hold or which can fit around his neck in conjunction with the unmasked headsculpt. It's a cool extra that allows for another way to display Dick on your shelf.
* Dick comes with Killer Croc's left leg as his Collect & Connect piece. I'm really excited to build this guy. As of this writing I now have all of the figures in the series, so I'll be getting to Killer Croc soon. Croc seems like he's going to be a really good figure. It's been a long time since Mattel's last comic based Croc (well over 10 years) so this guy is a welcome addition.
* How cool to finally have an unmasked Dick Grayson and... wait, are his facial features not aligned? Let's be honest: Dicik Grayson is typically thought of as one of the best looking guys in the DC Universe. This isn't that. What happened to him? It's like someone literally rearranged his face. Wow, this is bad, y'all.
* I like the presence of a soft goods cape but it's way, way too thin. The cape doesn't even cover the back of Batman's shoulders, which is a pretty weird look. Dick's cape as Batman was completely normal, so I have no idea why Mattel went with this.
* Dick definitely has a different build than Bruce. He's much slimmer with a sleek, gymnast's frame. This guy looks really scrawny though. Seriously, the joints and proportions on this guy make Batman look really odd.
If you take this as Batman then check out the Dark Knight Gallery where all of my Batman reviews are archived.
If you're looking for more reviews of Dick Grayson/ Nightwing stuff, I've also looked at the Lego Batman: Man-Bat Attack which includes Nightwing, the Kenner Legends of Batman Nightwing, the DC Icons Hush Nightwing, the New 52 Nightwing, the Jada Nano Metalfigs DC103 Nightwing, and Robin from the Teen Titans Go! To the Movies line.
For more DC Comics Multiverse figures, check out the following:
Batgirl (The Batgirl of Burnside)
Batman (Batman: Zero Year)
Batman (DC Rebirth)
Batwing (DC Rebirth)
Batwoman (DC Rebirth)
Clayface (Collect & Connect Figure)
Damian Wayne Robin (Robin War)
Doctor Psycho (Collect & Connect figure)
Duke Thomas (We Are Robin)
Earth 23 Superman
The Flash: From Page to Screen
Harley Quinn (Detective Comics)
Jessica Cruz (DC Rebirth)
Jim Gordon Batman (Batman: Superheavy)
The Joker (Batman: Endgame)
Katana (DC Rebirth)
KGBeast (DC Rebirth)
King Shark (Collect & Connect Figure)
The Reaper (Batman: Year Two)
Red Hood (DC Rebirth)
Rookie (Collect & Connect figure)
Spoiler (Detective Comics)
Superman (DC Rebirth)
Two-Face (All-Star Batman)
Wonder Girl (Teen Titans)
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Armored Batman (The Dark Knight Returns)
Batman & Superman (The Dark Knight Returns)
The Flash & The Atom (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns)
The Joker (The Dark Knight Returns)
Mutant Leader (The Dark Knight Returns)
Robin (The Dark Knight Returns)
Son of Batman
Batman v. Superman
Batman's Grapnel Blaster (Collect & Connect accessory)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Reverse Flash (The Flash TV Series)
Aquaman (Toys R Us Exclusive)
Batman (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Cyborg (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Mother Boxes (Collect & Connect Accessory)
Steppenwolf (Collect & Connect Figure)
Harley Quinn (6 inch)
Harley Quinn (12 inch)
Harley Quinn (Gold Dress)
Harley Quinn (Toys R Us Exclusive)
The Joker (Toys R Us Exclusive)
Supergirl TV Series
Diana of Themyscira
Wonder Woman (Toys 'R Us exclusive)