- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
Friday, November 8, 2019
Action Figure Review: Abstrakt from Fortnite: Legendary Series by Jazwares
Height: 6 1/8ths inches
Articulation: Hinged toes, swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, thigh swivels, swivel/hinge hips, waist swivel, balljointed mid-torso, "butterfly" pecs, swivel/hinge shoulders, bicep swivels, double hinged elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged fingers, and a swivel/hinge head.
Accessories: Three interchangeable face plates, respirator, paint roller, rifle, backpack, silenced pistol, and a balloon.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* I really like Abstrakt's design. At first you may look at him and think that he's just a guy in a coat, but there really are so many opportunities here. First of all, he's just a nice looking figure. Lots of subdued colors over a layered outfit really makes this seem like something someone would actually wear. He could be a revolutionary overthrowing an evil government. He could be a spy. He could be a random street thug fighting against your superheroes. Abstrakt is a very versatile figure and while he might seem very grounded in reality compared to some of the other figures in the line, the same level of detail and design has clearly been put into crafting this guy as you've seen on the crazier figures.
* I like this surprised look. The eyebrows and the larger eyes, along with the facial expression, just really sell this.
* Abstrakt knows that huffing is dangerous, so he always wears his respirator when he's out painting some graffiti. It also helps hide his identity! The respirator fits around his head and looks pretty cool when in place. It's a great sculpt! Remember the old Jurassic Park Dennis Nedry figure that had that green respirator? This kind of reminds me of that! (There was a series 2 Nedry that had a silver respirator, too!)
* Not only is Abstrakt wearing some sweet shoes but they're also covered in paint. That's a cool detail!
* Like every other figure in this series, the articulation on this guy is incredible. He feels sturdy, durable, and has articulation that feels like it could give Toy Biz's Marvel Legends line a run for its money. The inclusion of things like toe joints, lots of swivel hinges, double hinged elbows and knees, and butterfly pecs allow this guy to take some crazy poses and uses two-handed weapons with ease.
* Abstrakt's backpack is called the Tag Bag. It's a fairly standard backpack covered with useful gear such as an extra respirator and spray paint cans. It also has a massive zipper at the top which looks great.
* The Renegade Roller looks like a paint roller at first, but take a closer look and you'll realize it has a crowbar attached to it. That's a cool and probably very useful feature navigating urban environments. The paintwork on this piece is great, especially the paint splotches on the roller head.
* Abstrakt has two of the coolest weapons in the line so far and first up is the semi-auto sniper rifle. I love the look of this! It definitely looks like a sniper rifle that could easily be assembled and disassembled for quick storage. It definitely has that blocky, stylized look that the rest of the Fortnite firearms have, but that's just the aesthetic here and I kind of dig it.
* Abstrakt's second firearm is a suppressed pistol. The pistol is very similar to DJ Yonder's pistols but there's a sight on top and, of course, the suppressor on the barrel. Again, this is a great tool for someone operating in an urban environment, which fits Abstrakt's design.
* Abstrakt comes with a balloon. Yup! A balloon. Apparently these are an in-game item that the character can use to help negate falling damage and, with enough balloons, even float. While the balloons aren't as realistic and intricate as the balloons NECA used on their various Pennywise figures, they fit the aesthetic of this line really well. Jazwares includes some seriously fun accessories here. It's always cool to get stuff like this from a video game!
* Abstrakt comes with three face plates, but two of them are so similar. I think one of them is supposed to be smiling a bit, but it's barely noticeable. There had to have been at last one more option that was more interesting than this, right?
* My biggest complaint with this line is that Jazwares went with hinged fingers. The fingers move with one hinge and while they're not as problematic as the fingers on older Marvel Legends figures, I still don't like them as well as the use of alternate hands. They have a fairly tight grip, but sometimes they're still tough to use.
* The backpack is nicely sculpted but the fact that the spray paint cans aren't painted really bothers me. Why go to the trouble of including really nice detail like this if you're not going to paint it?
This is the first figure of Abstrakt I've reviewed. For more reviews from the Fortnite: Legendary Series, check out the following:
Skull Trooper (Purple Glow)