- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Thursday, October 31, 2019
The Scream of 31 Days of Toy Terror: Ultimate Michael Myers (Halloween 2) from Halloween by NECA
Height: 7 5/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, "boot" swivels, swivel/hinge knees, swivel thighs, swivel/hinge hips, balljointed midtorso, swivel/hinge shoulders, double swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, balljointed neck, and a swivel head.
Accessories: Three interchangeable portraits, five hands, knife, syringe, hammer, scalpel, and Jack O' Lantern.
Non-Scalper Price: $27-$33 dollars
* On the left is the Halloween 2 Michael while the Halloween 2018 Michael is on the right. There actually is a little bit of reuse here, but it makes sense and still keeps both figures accurate. They share the same upper legs and upper arms. Everything else is new. Looking at these two together, it's also easy to see the difference in the colors of the suits. Michael Myers' suit in the original films looks blue but is probably green in actuality. The newer suit is definitely the more recognizable blue color, though.
* Michael Myers looks very physically imposing, as he should! His suit is wonderfully detailed and features bullet holes and blood stains from were he was shot by Dr. Loomis at the end of the original film/ beginning of the second. The color of his suit, while definitely still blue, is a bit more bluish green. In reality, that's probably a bit closer to the actual color of the suit but the lighting in the film definitely makes it look blue.
* The rear of the suit not also continues the excellent details in the wrinkles and creases on the suit but it also shows the exit holes of the bullet wounds Michael suffers. Nice detail!
* Michael Myers comes with five interchangeable hands, all suitably grimy. He has a very wide left hand, a less wide left hand, a left handed grip, a very tight right handed grip (for the scalper or syringe, and a knife holding right handed trip.
* Michael also uses a syringe a few times in the film, including one time when he stabs Dr. Mixter in the eye. Yikes! The syringe is really nicely made. It's molded in translucent plastic, has a painted silver needle, and even has dosage lines on the sides.
* Michael's third weapon is a hammer. He uses this to kill the hospital security guard. The Halloween 2018 Michael Myers also comes with a hammer, but this one is a completely different sculpt from that one. Considering this is a one-off weapon, NECA sure did a fantastic job capturing it. It looks like an honest to goodness real hammer that has been shrunk down. The paint on the head is excellent!
* Last, but not least, Michael comes with the knife he swipes from the old lady making sandwiches at the beginning of the movie while he's still roaming the streets of Haddonfield. It's much longer than the chef's knife he uses in the first film and looks like it's serrated, too.
* Here's another accessory that could easily be an accessory of the year contender: The Jack O' Lantern from the opening credits. It doesn't light up but it's a great sculpt and captures the creepy look of its film counterpart very well. I love the paintwork on the pumpkin!
* Guess what? The Jack O' Lantern actually opens up, just like in the opening credits, and reveals a skull. Don't you love this? I do. I love it! This is definitely one of my favorite action figure scaled pumpkins of all time. That skull is so cool, as is the detail of the insides of the pumpkin.
If you're also a fan of Michael Myers/ The Shape/ The Boogeyman, then check out these other reviews: The McFarlane Movie Maniacs Michael Myers, the One:12 Collective Michael Myers, the POP! Movies Michael Myers, the ReAction Horror Series Michael Myers, the Funko Savage World Michael Myers, Mezco's Designer Series Michael Myers, NECA's Cult Classics Icons 2007 Michael Myers and Halloween 2018 Ultimate Michael Myers, the Funko 5 Star The Curse of Michael Myers, and the knockoff Lego Michael Myers.
For more figures from NECA's Halloween line check out the following:
Ultimate Laurie Strode
Ultimate Michael Myers