GameStop exclusive, and Dancing Clown versions, the multiple new portraits are what will get your attention here. As always, NECA does excellent work with the different Pennywise visages and fans will probably end up wanting all of them. Let's check out Pennywise (Well House) after the break...
Height: 7 3/4ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/ hinge ankles, double swivel/hinged knees, swivel
thighs, swivel/hinge hips, balljointed waist, swivel/hinge shoulders,
bicep swivels, double swivel/hinge elbows, hinged wrists with double
swivels, balljointed neck, balljointed head.
Accessories: Four portraits, four interchangeable hands, collar, and fence post.
Non-Scalper Price: $27-$33 dollar
* On the left is the Well House version of Pennywise while on the right is the GameStop "bloody" version. As you can see, the bodies are the same between the two. Both the standard figure, the GameStop, and this version have brighter outfits while the Dancing Clown version has an overall darker paintjob. The collar is removable on the Well House version, by the way.
* I've looked at this same body a few times so far. It's still good but I'm running out of things to say about it. The new heads are the selling points here!
* First up is a Pennywise portrait with massive teeth. Check out those chompers! I love the oversized, hideous teeth. The paintwork is so good on these! NECA just does a fantastic job with this license and while I'd love to see them reach out and do figures of the more monstrous Pennywise disguises, you can't argue that the old dancing clown himself isn't the main draw.
* Next up is a portrait where he's in the middle of exposing his full mouth. I love how the eyes are rolling back. Is this expression from when he's preparing to eat Eddie after he falls from the second story of the house into the kitchen?
* The third headsculpt is very scene specific: It's from the film footage the Losers watch in Bill's garage. It looks like they're watching a video of Bill's mom with her hair blowing but, as the hair covers her face, it turns out it's Pennywise underneath. The hair looks cool, and kind of in motion, though the sculpt itself definitely has more limited potential than most other sculpts here.
* The last headsculpt is another very scene specific look, although it's a cool one: It's from the scene in the Well House where Beverly impales Pennywise's head with a fence post. I love the look of this! The fence post is a separate accessory (you'll have to run it through the eye and left side of the head) which is great. Pennywise also looks rather pissed and stunned here, too.
* And here's the fence post by itself. It's a simple plastic sculpt. The head looks really sharp, though. It's best used with the headsculpt though it's kind of cool to have it as an extra item, too. Remember: It can kill monsters!
* Pennywise comes with four interchangeable hands. Three of them are pretty standard: A pair of gripping hands and a left hand with a tight grip.
* The really cool hand is an alternate left hand with Pennywise's exposed claw. Dang, does this look great or what? I remember my dad having the hardcover version of It on his nightstand when I was a kid and the cover always creeped me out (I actually have the exact same book on my shelf about three feet away from me as I'm writing this. My dad gave it to me earlier this year while paring down his book collection!).
If you're looking for more of Pennywise, check out my review of the Funko POP! Pennywise from the 1990 film, FOCO's Pennywise bobblehead from the 1990 film, NECA's Pennywise from the 1990 film, and from NECA's offering from the 2017 film there is the GameStop exclusive Pennywise and Pennywise (The Dancing Clown).
For more figures from It (2017) check out the following:
Pennywise (The Dancing Clown)
Pennywise (GameStop Exclusive)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast