original look but odds are that if you think of Dick Grayson these days this is how you immediately picture him. We've received this version of Nightwing many times over the years so it's not the figure we most needed to see in Icons but it is still cool to have a very highly articulated version of him. Let's take a look at this very cool Dick Grayson in a box that I received as a Christmas gift this year. More after the break...
Height: 6 1/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, boot swivels, double hinged knees, balljointed hips
w/ vertical hinges, mid-torso hinge, balljointed upper torso,
swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps, double hinged elbows,
forearm swivels, swivel/hinge wrists, a balljointed neck, and a balljointed head.
Accessories: 6 interchangeable hands, grappling hook, and two batons.
Non-Scalper Price: $24-$28 dollars
Designed by Ivan Reis and Sculpted by Derek Miller
* This is a great, very definitive looking Dick Grayson as Nightwing. It's a super sleek, clean design that captures the character's slender, muscular build really well. This guy looks like someone who can do some acrobatics and fight some crime.
* The articulation is superb and you'll have no problem putting Dick into all kinds of fighting stances, acrobatic poses, and crouching battle poses. He feels very solid and sturdy and all of he joints have a great range of motion.
* The headsculpt is both exactly what you'd expect and what you'd want. It's very clearly Nightwing with a larger, black mask and some nicely sculpted hair.
* Nightwing includes six alternate hands that can swap out easily, allowing him to better interact with his accessories.
* Nightwing comes with his two signature batons. To be honest they are kind of boring, but they're exactly what the character uses. I do wish this version of Nightwing had a place to store them like the DC Universe Classics Nightwing, however.
* Nightwing also includes a batarang on a string. I'm guessing it's intended to be some sort of a grappling hook so he can swing across the rooftops of Gotham. The batarang actually looks nice and sharp, which is a plus.
If you're looking for more reviews of Dick Grayson/ Nightwing stuff, I've also looked at the Lego Batman: Man-Bat Attack which includes Nightwing, the Kenner Legends of Batman
Nightwing, and the New 52 Nightwing.
If you're looking for more DC Icons reviews, check out the following:
Batgirl (Batgirl of Burnside)
Batman (Last Rites)
Deathstroke (The Judas Contract)
Harley Quinn (No Man's Land)
The Joker (A Death in the Family)
Swamp Thing (Dark Genesis)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone