Red Robin costume. This is his most recent look, however, and makes for a great figure to further fill out the batfamily. While Mattel has neglected lots of older teams like the New Gods, the JSA, and previous Justice Leagues, they've been good about filling out the bat-family over the past two or three years. Let's check out Red Robin after the break and see how he stacks up among the other figures in this series.
Height: 6 1/2 inches
Articulation: Swivel/ hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, balljointed hips, swivel waist, hinged mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, bicep swivels, double hinged elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, and a balljointed head.
Accessories: Staff, 2 alternate hands, and Killer Croc's left arm.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* Red Robin is an excellent looking figure. Overall, the costume design is fantastic and the colorful paintwork definitely brings everything to life. There seem to be a lot of unique parts here and everything fits together brilliantly. Again, seeing a figure this good just makes it all the more of a shame that Mattel won't be continuing this series in 2020. I'm hoping for good things from McFarlane, as their Fortnite figures have reportedly been quite good, but I have serious doubts that we'll see any kind of deep character selection nor figures that fit in with Mattel's releases.
* The headsculpt is excellent. The hair looks good, the paintwork is clean, and the domino mask has the comic accurate white eyes.
* Red Robin has a plastic cape rather than a soft goods cape but it's molded from a fairly flexible material that is quite rubbery. It's black on the outside, yellow on the inside, and it fits the figure perfectly.
* Tim Drake has some of the best articulation Mattel has put into a DC comics figure. With a nice range of motion everywhere and double hinged elbows and knees, Red Robin moves like the master martial artist he is. This is really one of the nicest figures Mattel has put out.
* Tim Drake includes two sets of hands: One for punching and one for gripping his bo staff. They swap easily and have green paint applications that match the red of Red Robin's costume.
* Tim Drake usually uses a bo staff and this figure comes with one. It even has grips sculpted into the shaft to allow for better holding of the accessory.
* Tim comes with Killer Croc'sleft arm as his Collect & Connect
piece. I'm really excited to build this guy. As of this writing I now
have all of the figures in the series, so I'll be getting to Killer Croc
Croc seems like he's going to be a really good figure. It's been a long
time since Mattel's last comic based Croc (well over 10 years) so this
guy is a welcome addition.
* There are a few sloppy paint apps on Red Robin's chest, particularly on the "RR" logo and on the mantle of his cape. It's a small QC issue, but it does affect the overall look of the figure.
I've reviewed a few other Tim Drake/ red Robin figures including the at the Lego Arkham Asylum Breakout which included a Tim Drake Robin as well as the Nano Metalfigs Robin that comes with the Batcave playset, the DC56 Robin- Tim Drake, and the DC102 Robin from the Series 4 20-Pack Figure Collector's Set.
For more DC Comics Multiverse figures, check out the following:
Batgirl (The Batgirl of Burnside)
Batman (Batman: Reborn)
Batman (Batman: Zero Year)
Batman (DC Rebirth)
Batwing (DC Rebirth)
Batwoman (DC Rebirth)
Clayface (Collect & Connect Figure)
Damian Wayne Robin (Robin War)
Doctor Psycho (Collect & Connect figure)
Duke Thomas (We Are Robin)
Earth 23 Superman
The Flash: From Page to Screen
Harley Quinn (Detective Comics)
Jessica Cruz (DC Rebirth)
Jim Gordon Batman (Batman: Superheavy)
The Joker (Batman: Endgame)
Katana (DC Rebirth)
KGBeast (DC Rebirth)
King Shark (Collect & Connect Figure)
The Reaper (Batman: Year Two)
Red Hood (DC Rebirth)
Rookie (Collect & Connect figure)
Spoiler (Detective Comics)
Superman (DC Rebirth)
Two-Face (All-Star Batman)
Wonder Girl (Teen Titans)
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Armored Batman (The Dark Knight Returns)
Batman & Superman (The Dark Knight Returns)
The Flash & The Atom (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns)
The Joker (The Dark Knight Returns)
Mutant Leader (The Dark Knight Returns)
Robin (The Dark Knight Returns)
Son of Batman
Batman v. Superman
Batman's Grapnel Blaster (Collect & Connect accessory)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Reverse Flash (The Flash TV Series)
Aquaman (Toys R Us Exclusive)
Batman (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Cyborg (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Mother Boxes (Collect & Connect Accessory)
Steppenwolf (Collect & Connect Figure)
Harley Quinn (6 inch)
Harley Quinn (12 inch)
Harley Quinn (Gold Dress)
Harley Quinn (Toys R Us Exclusive)
The Joker (Toys R Us Exclusive)
Supergirl TV Series
Diana of Themyscira
Wonder Woman (Toys 'R Us exclusive)