- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
Tuesday, October 22, 2019
Action Figure Review: Leviathan from Fortnite: Legendary Series by Jazwares
Height: 6 1/2th inches
Articulation: Hinged toes, swivel/hinge ankles, boot swivels, double hinged knees, thigh swivels, swivel/hinge hips, waist swivel, balljointed mid-torso, "butterfly" pecs, swivel/hinge shoulders, bicep swivels, double hinged elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged fingers, and a swivel dome.
Accessories: Backpack, harvesting tool, submachine gun, pistol, Hop Rock, and a popcorn.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* If the idea of a mean-looking fish in a diving suit gets you pumped up for adventure, then Leviathan is the toy for you! I love this guy. Seriously, diving suits like this (or maybe it's a spacesuit?) just look incredible. Actually, I'm kind of wondering if it is supposed to be a spacesuit because why would a fish wear a diving suit? I guess they would wear the diving suit "backwards" so that the water would be kept inside. Huh. That's a lot to think about. Well, I still think the colors on this are amazing. Whether it's a diving suit or a spacesuit, I would wear it. And I'd look fantastic in it.
* Leviathan (I'm assuming that's the fish's name) is just chilling out inside of the round glass dome helmet. He's a cool sculpt with lots of nice little paint details. He's also posed on top of a clear peg so it looks like he's floating inside the dome.
* The arms of the suit are covered with interesting symbols. I don't know what they mean but they look mysterious and invite you to tell your own stories about where the mysterious Leviathan came from. Share your Leviathan origin stories in the comments below!
* The articulation on these guys have all been incredible so far, and Leviathan is no exception. He feels sturdy, durable, and has articulation that feels like it could give Toy Biz's Marvel Legends line a run for its money. The inclusion of things like toe joints, lots of swivel hinges, double hinged elbows and knees, and butterfly pecs allow this guy to take some crazy poses and uses two-handed weapons with ease.
* Leviathan's back bling is called the Fish Tank and it is, literally, a tank for a fish. It looks like a very simplified water tank, thus supplying a steady supply of appropriately oxygenated water to Leviathan. The translucent blue tank on the side of the pack is quite a nice touch.
* Leviathan is packing a submachine gun that looks kind of like an H&K MP5. It's a nice sculpt that features lots of detail while still adhering to Fortnite's somewhat animated aesthetic. It also has a couple paint application as well, which really makes it look much nicer than the weapons you see with many other mass market lines.
* Leviathan also comes with the Desert Eagle inspired Hand Cannon, a pistol which was also included with Series 1's Wild Card.
* Leviathan's harvesting tool is called the EVA. think it's supposed to be a robotic arm of sorts, kind of like the arm on something like one of the Mars Rovers. The sculpt is great (I love the frayed wiring at the base) and you get some paint applications and a bit of weathering on the shaft.
* Leviathan comes with the Hop Rock, which I'm guessing is an in-game item that makes characters jump higher and further. I think it's just a cool accessory as it's a crystal of some sort and it looks like one of the gems from the Zen: Intergalactic Ninja toyline.
* There's a weird bit of paint damage on the right arm of Leviathan's suit. It's not major, but it's worth pointing out nonetheless.
This is the first figure of Leviathan I've reviewed. For more Fortnite: Legendary Series figures, check out the following:
Skull Trooper (Purple Glow)