- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
Monday, June 18, 2018
Minifigure Review: Pack B (Series 4) from DC Nano Metalfigs by Jada Toys
Height: Around 1 3/4ths inches
Non-Scalper Price: $5 dollars for the pack
* First off, here's a comparison between this set's Rebirth designed Batman (DC98) with the four previous uses of this sculpt. From left to right we have the Rebirth Batman (DC98) included here, the DC35 Batman available in the series 1 5-pack A and the 20- pack, the Justice Lords Batman from the 10-pack, the standard Batman from the Batcave Nano Scene, and the Earth-2 Batman from the series 1 5-pack B.
* The second comparison is between the new DC92 Killer Croc in this set and the original DC10 Killer Croc from series 1. I liked the original quite a bit but I'm loving this darker green, Arkham-orange wearing version as well.
* While we've seen the sculpt before the paintwork on this figure is far better than any before it. I love the Rebirth costume with the purple cape and the yellow outline around the bat and, by gosh, Jada has delivered. The paintjob is clean and really makes the figure pop.
* Again, while we've seen this sculpt the new darker olive green skin tone with the orange shorts definitely brings to mind a version of Killer Croc who has escaped from Arkham. I'm liking this one a bit more than the first release due to the colors chosen.
* So.. Do you think this is supposed to be Ray Palmer or Ryan Choi? I'm not sure either. Initially I was leaning towards this being Ryan's Rebirth costume but after looking at some pictures of Ray's Injustice costume I'm baffled. It's a cool looking Atom although it kind of reminds me of Cobra Commander, too. C'mon. If you just saw this guy from the torso up doesn't he look like the Sigma 6 version of Cobra Commander?
*Hey! I'm thrilled that we got the Scarecrow! I love Dr. Jonathan Crane and the Scarecrow was one of the first Batman villains I really was incredible fascinated by due to his terrifying visage. While he doesn't have a hat, he does have an excellent face sculpt, a cool pose, and he's carrying a skull. Frightening indeed!
* Last, and certainly not least is the one, the only, Ra's Al Ghul! How cool that we've already gotten Ra's Al Ghul in this line, right? His colors are great, his sculpt is fantastic (I love the pose), and his design is a pretty good blend of multiple looks for the character. Nice job, Jads! Now give us Damian Wayne and Talia Al Ghul to go along with him.
This is a fantastic set! We get three brand new characters and two repaints that are pretty solid figures. I'd love to see Jada Toys offer up more multipacks that feature all new stuff moving forward rather than forcing collectors to pick up doubles. Hopefully this is the wave of the future. Ra's and the Scarecrow are my favorites here but everything is slick. This is a Great and a 1/2 set and quite possibly the best $5 you could spend on DC/ Batman toys these days.
For more Killer Croc figures, check out the following reviews: The Arkham Origins Killer Croc, Mattel's Suicide Squad build a figure Croc, the Imaginext K. Croc & Swamp Skier, and the Nano Metalfigs Killer Croc DC10.
If you're a Ra's Al Gul fan check out my review of the DC Signature Series Ra's Al Ghul.
In regards to the Scarecrow I've also reviewed Twister Strike Scarecrow from Kenner's Legends of the Dark Knight toyline, the Arkham Asylum Breakout Lego set which included Scarecrow, the Arkham Knight Scarecrow, and the HeroClix Yellow Lantern Scarecrow.
The only other action figures of the Atom I've reviewed have bee the Atom microfigure that was included with the Dark Knight Strikes Again version of the Flash figure and the Legends of Tomorrow Multiverse Atom.
Of course, you know I've reviewed so many Batman figures that he has his own action figure review archive. Check out the Dark Knight Archive for more reviews!
For more DC Nano Metalfigs reviews, check out the following:
10 Pack Figure Collector's Set
10 Pack Figure Collector's Set (Series 3)
Batcave Nano Scene
DC1- Batman (Batman v Superman)
DC2- Desert Batman (Batman v Superman)
DC5- Harley Quinn (Suicide Squad)
DC6- The Joker (Suicide Squad)
DC7- Batman (Batman: The Animated Series)
DC10- Killer Croc
DC11- Green Lantern
DC13- Classic TV Series Batman
DC17- Harley Quinn
DC18- The Joker
DC19- Katana (Suicide Squad)
DC20- Commissioner Gordon
DC22- The Flash
DC25- Armored Batman (Batman v Superman)
DC32- Tactical Suit Batman (Justice League)
DC34- The Flash (Justice League)
DC38- Wonder Woman
DC46- Aquaman (Flashpoint)
DC49- The Penguin (Batman Classic TV Series)
DC51- Batman Beyond
DC52- Superman (Justice League)
DC53- Wonder Woman
DC54- The Joker (Batman Classic TV Series)
DC55- Harley Quinn
DC56- Robin (Tim Drake)
DC57- Aquaman (Justice League)
DC60- Cyborg (Justice League)
Pack A (Wonder Woman 4, Cyborg 12, the Flash 22, Parademon 24, and Batman 35)
Pack A- Series 3 (Batman 39, Batgirl 42, Catwoman 44, Black Canary 62, The Riddler 63)
Pack A- Series 4 (Superman 15, Parademon 24, General Zod 94, Bizarro 95, Lex Luthor 99)
Pack B (Superman 3, Supergirl 8, Aquaman 9, Lex Luthor 27, and Batman 36)
Pack B - Series 3 (Braniac 28, Batman 40, Bizarro 41, Darkseid 48, Lobo 64)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Coming in a little late to these fabulous minifigs, and this is the pack I CANNOT find!ReplyDelete
I like your reviews, short and sweet, but knowledgeable of the source material.
Thanks! By the way, if you're still looking for this set or any other DC Nanos let me know. I'm willing to part with them if you're trying to complete a set.Delete
I DO!!! I have a short list of pieces I need. Not sure the best way to show the list...post it here?ReplyDelete
I saw your email. I'm on it!Delete