- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
Monday, June 11, 2018
Something Has Survived!: Carnotarus (Action Attack) from Jurassic World by Mattel
Dimensions: 7 inches tall, 14 1/2 inches long
Articulation: Swivel feet, balljointed hips, balljointed tail, swivel/hinge shoulders, spring hinged neck, spring hinged head, spring hinged lower jaw.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* I love the look of the Carnotaurus. The animal has most of the charm of the Tyrannosaurus Rex but also adds in the extra cool factor of having horns on the head. The sculpting and paintwork on the dinosaur portraits have been great in this line and the Carnotaurus is no exception!
* The Carnotaurus has a really fun play feature: Press down on a specific spot on the animals's back and the neck and head lunge forward while the jaws snap shut. It works great and is just quite a bit of fun to play with.
* This is going to sound like a bit of a stupid positive but if you time the pressing of the button just right you can either make the jaws open and close as if the Carnotaurus is talking ("Carnotaurus Coast to Coast, anyone?) or you can cause the jaw to shut and just have it bounce its head up and down as if it is listening to some grooving tunes. I dig.
* The Carnotaurus has one of the best paintjobs I've see on a dinosaur in this line. I love the red and black coloring and the detailed sculpt on the skin and ridges all down the dinosaur's back.
* The Carnotaurus' tail features a balljoint and can swing around quite well. It can help the figure stay balanced or simply just give you more options when posing.
* My only complaint with this toy is that the articulation could probably be a little bit better. I do wish the legs had a bit more articulation, and possibly some type of balljoint on the head as well. I know not every dinosaur in the line can be as well articulated as the Indoraptor but a bit more movement would have been welcome.
For more Jurassic World reviews, check out the following: