- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
Saturday, June 2, 2018
Something Has Survived!: Dimorphodon (Attack Pack) from Jurassic World by Mattel
Length: 1 1/4ths inches tall, 8 1/4ths inch wingspan
Articulation: Hinged hips, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge neck, hinged lower jaw.
Non-Scalper Price: $8 dollars
* As I mentioned in the intro, the Dimorphodon has quite a bit of articulation for a smaller figure. Swivel/hinge wings and a swivel/hinge neck make him rather fun to play with and pose in various menacing ways.
* One of the things I like about the Dimorphodon that seems like a huge improvement over the larger and a bit more expensive Pteranodon from the Jurassic World: Legacy line is that the Dimorphodon can both stand on it's legs and look forward and take a more natural looking flying pose. I wish the Pteranodon could have done that.
* The headsculpt is good. I like the eyes, the teeth, the opening jaw, and the overall appearance. The Dimorphodon definitely has the "Jurassic Park look" that make the dinosaurs from those films stand out.
* I like the colors on this figure. The overall gray color looks good and there is a nice light black paint effect that adds some shading and texture to the top of the wings. Underneath the wings are some red splotches, giving the toy just a bit more color.
* While all of the Jurassic World figures I've reviewed thus far have featured this symbol on the bottom of a foot, the Dimorphodon's is on the bottom of its wing. It's a bit of an eyesore, really.
This is the first Dimorphodon I've reviewed on the site. For more Jurassic World toys from Mattel, check out the following:
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah, I love this one too! Quickly topped the charts as a favorite when I opened him. There's just something about the way the neck joint works that gives this thing a ton of personality.ReplyDelete
The neck joints on most of these figures are just really well done. They add so much personality to the figures!Delete