wrapped up reviewing series 4 of the DC Nano Metalfigs a week or two ago and now I'm checking out the two 5-packs released alongside of series 4. First up is the subject of today's review, Pack A. Pack A is focused on Superman and his villains and it includes one new sculpt, two repaints, and two repacks. It's easily the less exciting of the two 5-packs due to the presence of so many reused sculpts but there is still quite a bit of coolness here, especially considering these things only cost about $5 each. Want to check out this new set? Then join me after the break...
Height: Around 1 3/4ths inches each
Non-Scalper Price: $5 dollars for the pack
* First up, let's check out the two repacks: Superman (DC15) and the Parademon (DC24). Jada Toys calls this Superman the New 52 look and he has so far appeared as a single packed figure in series 2, in the 20 pack, and now here as well. The New 52 inspired Parademon (DC24) first appeared in the series 1 5-pack A and was also included in the 20 pack. Both of these are exactly the same as the previous releases, thus my daughter now has them as part of her collection.
On the left is the new Lex Luthor (DC99) while Lex Luthor (DC27) is on the right. This new Luthor is the same sculpt but the paintcolors of his battle armor definitely remind me quite a bit of the Super Powers version of the character.
The new Bizarro (DC95) is on the left in brighter, more traditional looking Superman colors while the previous Bizarro (DC41) is on the right. Again, this figure is a simple palette swap. I really like the brighter Bizarro, although the darker costume better differentiates him from Superman.
* Here's a pic of Lex by himself. The green and purple, while loud, just go together so well. I love 1980s DC comics and this color scheme definitely makes me think of the era. I will say that the paintwork on the headsculpt isn't as clean on this figure as on the previous Lex Luthor, however.
* Here's a shot of Bizarro by himself. The brighter colors of the classically colored suit definitely make me think more of the classic Silver Age look of the character than of any modern appearances.
* It's time for a look at the sole "new" figure in the series: General Zod! General Zod is clad in some very cool looking armor and features a flowing black cape. He's pretty cool and fits in well as a Rebirth version of the character. I really like him and it's nice to add another DC villain (who isn't a Batman villain) to the mix.
If you're looking for more Superman, I've reviewed the One:12 Collective Red Son Superman, the One:12 Collective regular Superman, the Justice League Multiverse Superman, the BvS Multiverse Superman, the Multiverse Earth 23 Superman, Rebirth Superman, the Multiverse DKR Batman/ Suprman 2-pack, Split Cycle Superman from Mattel's Man of Steel line, and the 5-pack and 10-pack Superman DC3, Superman DC15, and Superman DC52 from the Nano Metalfigs line.
If you're looking for more Parademons I have reviewed the Nano Metalfigs Parademon from 5-Pack A and DC Comics Multiverse: Justice League Parademon.
If you're looking for more of Lex Luthor, I've also looked at the BvS Multiverse Lex Luthor and the Nano Metalfigs Lex Luthor DC27 from Series 1's Pack B.
For more Bizarro reviews check out the DC Nano Metalfigs Bizarro DC41 from the series 3 5-pack B and the series 3 10-Pack Collector's Set.
This is the first General Zod figure I've reviewed on the site!
For more DC Nano Metalfigs, check out the following:
10 Pack Figure Collector's Set
10 Pack Figure Collector's Set (Series 3)
Batcave Nano Scene
DC1- Batman (Batman v Superman)
DC2- Desert Batman (Batman v Superman)
DC5- Harley Quinn (Suicide Squad)
DC6- The Joker (Suicide Squad)
DC7- Batman (Batman: The Animated Series)
DC10- Killer Croc
DC11- Green Lantern
DC13- Classic TV Series Batman
DC17- Harley Quinn
DC18- The Joker
DC19- Katana (Suicide Squad)
DC20- Commissioner Gordon
DC22- The Flash
DC25- Armored Batman (Batman v Superman)
DC32- Tactical Suit Batman (Justice League)
DC34- The Flash (Justice League)
DC38- Wonder Woman
DC46- Aquaman (Flashpoint)
DC49- The Penguin (Batman Classic TV Series)
DC51- Batman Beyond
DC52- Superman (Justice League)
DC53- Wonder Woman
DC54- The Joker (Batman Classic TV Series)
DC55- Harley Quinn
DC56- Robin (Tim Drake)
DC57- Aquaman (Justice League)
DC60- Cyborg (Justice League)
Pack A (Wonder Woman 4, Cyborg 12, the Flash 22, Parademon 24, and Batman 35)
Pack A- Series 3 (Batman 39, Batgirl 42, Catwoman 44, Black Canary 62, The Riddler 63)
Pack B (Superman 3, Supergirl 8, Aquaman 9, Lex Luthor 27, and Batman 36)
Pack B - Series 3 (Braniac 28, Batman 40, Bizarro 41, Darkseid 48, Lobo 64)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess