- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
Tuesday, July 10, 2018
Action Figure Review: Baryonyx (Roarivores) from Jurassic World by Mattel
Dimensions: 5 inches tall, 12 1/2 inches long
Articulation: Balljointed hips, swivel/hinge shoulders, and a spring/ hinged lower jaw.
Non-Scalper Price: $12-16 dollars
* Like most of the other Roarivores dinosaurs, Baryonyx has balljointed hips and swivel/hinged shoulders/ While the head isn't articulated like most others, Baryonyx is still pretty poseable for a dinosaur toy and is quite fun to play with. These are sturdy, well made dinosaurs that should please the kids and the collectors.
* I love the head sculpt! The Baryonyx is very creepy and has an elongated, crocodile like snout with lots of sharp teeth. The small, beady eyes and the metallic blue paintjob on the top of the head really give her an unusual, almost alien appearance.
* Push a button on the Baryonyx's back and she lets out a roar and snaps her jaws shut. There are three unique roars that cycle through. It's quite fun and the roar is nice and loud.
* The detailing on the skin is quite intricate with paint work that gives the Baryonyx a fairly complex appearance. I like the compromise Mattel has take with this line on the dinosaur skin colors. I know that we really don't know what color dinosaur skin was but Mattel has blended some realistic looking skin tones with some fun "toyetic" patterns that make things a bit more exciting.
* Like the other Roarivores, I kind of wish that pushing the button opened the jaw of the Baryonyx rather than closing it. It just seems more intuitive for the feature to work that way in my eyes.
I've actually reviewed on other Baryonyx: The miniature Baryonyx from the Mini Dino Multi Pack!
For more Jurassic World reviews, check out the following:
Mini Dino Multipack
Tyrannosaurus & Monolophosaurus