- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
Sunday, December 18, 2016
Action Figure Review: Peppy from World of Nintendo by Jakks Pacific
Height: 3 1/2 inches tall (4 1/4 inches including his ears)
Articulation: Hinged ankles, swivel/hinge knees, ball jointed hips, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel neck.
Accessories: Item cube
Non-Scalper Price: $10-$12 dollars
* Peppy is not at all what you would call a super articulated figure. He dos, however, both pose well enough to look good standing with the rest of the crew and feels pretty sturdy. For the character, figure design, and line, I'm not pretty satisfied with what we've got here.
* Based on the look of the Star Fox 64 versions of the crew, Peppy has a great outfit. Like the rest of the crew, there are enough similarities to visually link him with the rest of the Star Fox team while giving him his own individual identity. I love the texture and detail work on the various articles of his flight suit.
* I've said it with Fox and Falco and Slippy, but I'll say it again: The Star Fox team wears some snazzy boots! These look incredible, don't they?
* You know, I kind of ragged on Slippy for having a Smart Bomb as an accessory since it really didn't interact with the figure and it was kind of weird as an accessory. I've sort of changed my mind, though, as I think Peppy's Item Box is pretty cool. It's just a simple plastic crate with stickers on it but it does the job.
* I will readily admit that this looks almost exactly like the depiction of Peppy in Star Fox 64. There's something about it that's just a bit off, though. I don't hate it, but I think it could be better. Maybe if his eyes were actually sculpted rather than just painted on. Yeah, maybe that's it. That would have been really cool.
To the best of my knowledge, this is the only toy of Peppy Hare ever released. I've released a bunch more World of Nintendo figures from Jakks, though, including:
Gravity Suit Samus
Link (Ocarina of Time)
Link (The Wind Waker)
White Tanooki Mario