Para Troopa with a green shell and green shoes. Let's take a closer look at this guy after the break...
Height: 3 1/2 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, swivel knees, swivel/hinge hips,
swivel/hinge shoulders, hinged elbows, swivel wrists, ball jointed
wings, and a swivel/hinge neck.
Accessories: Two wings.
Non-Scalper Price: $9-$12 dollars
* The Koopa Troopa really is a very simple repaint, but it absolutely matches what is seen in the game. Green and red shelled Koopas definitely were prominent in Super Mario Bros., so I'm glad to have both. For the full details of this figure, check out my Para Troopa review. I really don't feel any different about this figure than I felt about the Para Troopa.
* Again, the only difference between this figure and the Para Troopa is the green shell and green shoes. They look perfectly fine.
Goombas, the Koopa Troopas really are the army builders of the Mario universe. While this is a really simple repaint, it definitely makes sense and gives you a chance to pad out your Koopa army. I still think this is a Good and a 1/2 figure, although I'd like to see a turtle shell accessory included with someone. I've heard these shells are removable but I've not been able to remove the shells on any of my figures. It's not an advertised feature, though, so I'm guessing some folks got figures that weren't as strongly assembled.
I've also reviewed the Para Troopa, another of Bowser's Koopa minions.
For more World of Nintendo figures, check out the following:
Gravity Suit Samus
Link (Ocarina of Time)
Link (The Wind Waker)
White Tanooki Mario
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast