- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Action Figure Review: Bruce Wayne from Gotham by Diamond Select Toys
Height: 6 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, "boot" swivels, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, H-hinged hips, swivel waist, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, swivel/hinge neck.
Accessories: 2 pairs of interchangeable hands and a bookshelf.
Non-Scalper Price: $22-$24 dollars
* Bruce has some excellent articulation. Despite being just a kid in a suit, Diamond gave him plenty of articulation. I've only seen the first few episodes of Gotham, so I don't know if Bruce is out beating up criminals yet, but he has the articulation to do that on your shelf if you so desire.
* This is a pretty decent likeness of actor David Mazouz. It's not photorealistic, but it does fit in with the rest of the figures in the series. It should also fit in nicely with a number of other Batman lines, so you could use this young Bruce Wayne with whatever display you wanted.
* Bruce comes with two pairs of hands: Open palms and fists. They swap out easily and offer a bit of variety in displaying the figure, so that's definitely a plus.
* Take a closer look and you can see that each book is sculpted to look like an individual volume. There's also some really good paintwork that helps to add some depth to the books. This is just a really cool piece that I bet you'll be seeing in lots of action figure pictures for years to come.
* The only real weakness on this figure is the place where the jacket and the sleeves meet. They don't quite match up and things end up looking a bit odd.
If you're looking for another Bruce Wayne figure, the only two I've reviewed have been the Bruce from the Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham Origins, Batman: Arkham City Bruce Wayne, Batman: Arkham City, and Batman: Arkham Knight five pack and the Mattel's BvS Batman Unmasked. Of course, I've reviewed plenty of Batman figures, all of which are archived in my The Dark Knight index!
The only other Gotham figure I've reviewed has been Harvey Bullock, so check that one out, too!