- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
Tuesday, November 28, 2017
Action Figure Review: Dove from DC Universe Classics by Mattel
Height: 6 inches
Articulation: Hinged ankles, hinged knees, swivel thighs, H-hinged hips, swivel waist, mid-torso-hinge, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps, hinged elbows, swivel wrists, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: Waist of Collect & Connect figure Nekron (not included with mine).
Original Retail Price: $18-$20 dollars
Year of Release: 2012
* I really like the very consistent style of DC Universe Classics. Somehow, it makes a character that I'm quite unfamiliar with seem really, really cool. As I mentioned above, Hawk and Dove (it's tough to talk about one without the other) really are not very high on my superhero list. Still, this is a beautiful figure with some nice paintwork. There's something elegant about the simplicity here that I can't put my finger on but that I really appreciate.
* The headsculpts were almost always amazing on this line. Dove is rather lovely and has a very peaceful expression on her face, perfectly befitting of her character. The paintwork is very neat and clean.
* Dove's long, white ponytail is beautifully sculpted and given some dry brushed effects to help the individual strands stand out.
*Remember that a Dove figure purchased new in the package will also include the waist for the Nekron Collect & Connect figure.
* Dove's lower body is rather plan. Rather than try to design a unique waist or a belt piece for her Mattel just painted the detail on. Usually that works OK for most superhero suits but here the way her angular belt crosses her waist piece and goes up onto the sides of her torso just looks a bit off.
If you're looking for more DC Universe Classics figures, check out the following: