- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
Thursday, March 15, 2018
Action Figure Review: Clayface from DC Comics Multiverse by Mattel
Height: 8 1/2 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, swivel/ hinge knees, swivel thighs, swivel/hinge hips, swivel waist, mid-torso hinge, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, swivel head, and a hinged jaw.
Figures Needed to Complete Clayface: Batwoman (DC Rebirth), Jessica Cruz (DC Rebirth), Superman (DC Rebirth), Two-Face (All-Star Batman), and Martian Manhunter.
* Clayface is a large build-a-figure and one of the best that Mattel has released in the Multiverse line. He has a very large statue and a very unique body type, adding some impressive looking mass and muscle to any team.
* The head sculpt is very impressive and looks rather fearsome. I love the small yellow eyes, the messed up teeth, and the prominent nostrils. Clayface has a very monstrous appearance that works whether you're using this version of Basil Karlo as a friend or foe of Batman in your collection.
* Another great feature of the figure is the opening mouth! Clayface's mouth can open up to reveal another inner row of sharp teeth. The sculpt and paintwork here is incredible and it really makes for a fun feature.
* Clayface's body is covered with a very interesting texture that definitely looks muddy and dirty. The paintwork isn't bad, either, and it adds a lot of texture and depth to the overall appearance of the figure.
* Clayface's articulation is good. Really good, in fact. Not only do his joints have a nice range of movement but he has joints that many other DC Comics Multiverse figures are missing such as the swivel/ hinge ankles and swivel/hinge wrists. He's quite fun to pose and looks awesome when interacting with regular sized figures.
Kid Flash and Beast Boy. While those were slated to be Toys 'R Us exclusives, some other retailer will most assuredly scoop them up or they will make up a mini-series like the Doctor Psycho series at the end of last year. It's nice to know that whenever they come out that the accessories will be easily swappable.
* The only problem I have with this figure is that his hip hinged are a bit weak, meaning that in some poses the figure tends to wilt. Usually this isn't the case but if you try to give Clayface a deeper stance or have his arms posed in more extreme ways he just may tip over. He's fairly top heavy with lighter, hollow legs.
Overall this is a Great series of DC Comics Multiverse figures and probably the overall best series released since the line began in 2016. Mattel looks to have a solid year coming up and, with only the Aquaman film slated for release, hopefully we'll continue to see more excellent curretn comic based figures than we ever have before. Consider following Action Figure Barbecue.com to get the latest reviews on DC Comics Multiverse figures; I won't let you down!
If you're interested in more Clayface figures I've also reviewed the DC Collectibles Arkham City Clayface and the Imaginext Clayface that my daughter has since claimed as her own. Kids.
For more DC Comics Multiverse figures, check out the following:
Batgirl (The Batgirl of Burnside)
Batman (Batman: Zero Year)
Batman (DC Rebirth)
Batwing (DC Rebirth)
Batwoman (DC Rebirth)
Damian Wayne Robin (Robin War)
Doctor Psycho (Collect & Connect figure)
Duke Thomas (We Are Robin)
Earth 23 Superman
The Flash: From Page to Screen
Jessica Cruz (DC Rebirth)
Jim Gordon Batman (Batman: Superheavy)
The Joker (Batman: Endgame)
The Reaper (Batman: Year Two)
Rookie (Collect & Connect figure)
Superman (DC Rebirth)
Two-Face (All-Star Batman)
Wonder Girl (Teen Titans)
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Armored Batman (The Dark Knight Returns)
Batman & Superman (The Dark Knight Returns)
The Flash & The Atom (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns)
The Joker (The Dark Knight Returns)
Mutant Leader (The Dark Knight Returns)
Robin (The Dark Knight Returns)
Son of Batman
Batman v. Superman
Batman's Grapnel Blaster (Collect & Connect accessory)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Reverse Flash (The Flash TV Series)
Aquaman (Toys R Us Exclusive)
Batman (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Cyborg (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Mother Boxes (Collect & Connect Accessory)
Steppenwolf (Collect & Connect Figure)
Harley Quinn (6 inch)
Harley Quinn (12 inch)
Harley Quinn (Gold Dress)
Harley Quinn (Toys R Us Exclusive)
The Joker (Toys R Us Exclusive)
Supergirl TV Series
Diana of Themyscira
Wonder Woman (Toys 'R Us exclusive)