- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
Thursday, September 1, 2016
Acton Figure Review: Rogue from Marvel Legends: X-Men by Hasbro
Height: 6 1/4 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double-hinged knees, swivel thighs, balljointed hips, balljointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, and a balljointed head.
Accessories: Two glove cuffs, alternate un-gloved right hand, and a left leg for the Juggernaut build-a-figure.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* Rogue is gorgeous. Hasbro is really doing some fantastic work here and I love the Rogue sculpt. The face is distinct and definitely looks like Rogue is ready to rumble, her hair is fully detailed and, with the addition of that green headband, makes her look like she's ready to join a 1980s hairband. This is an excellent classic look and probably exactly what most fans were expecting. By the way, here's the old Toy Biz version of this figure for comparison.
* I love the articulation on Hasbro's Marvel Legends figures. They're fun, durable, and have a great range of useful motion. They also have what is quite possibly the best articulation on any female figures in the 1/12th scale (DC Icons seems good, too). Rogue's ball jointed mid-torso, double hinged knees, and excellent swivel/hinge ankles give you so much flexibility in finding the best poses.
* The paintwork is beautiful here. I love how clean and shiny Rogue's yellow and green body suit looks. This is just an excellent looking figure and the little details such as the belt with the red "X" on her hips and the dark brown jacket help to enhance the appeal.
* I love the look of Rogue's flight jacket over her bodysuit. It's just such a cool detail and the execution here is fantastic. The color, sculpt, and addition of the red "X" logos on the shoulders are all spot on.
* Rogue comes with an interesting accessory: An un-gloved right hand! This allows her to "use her powers" and is actually a really cool character specific accessory. The hands are easily removable and the glove cuffs on Rogue's wrists also remove so that it looks like Rogue has fully removed her gloves. Cool idea, solid execution.
* Rogue comes with the left leg of the build-a-figure from this series: The Juggernaut! It's a pretty decent sized leg and, of course, I'm always thrilled when we get a build-a-figure with a series of figures. I'll be reviewing this guy as soon as I complete him, so stay tuned!
* It seems like Hasbro was trying to give Rogue her unique boot tops without sculpting a new piece. I'm sorry to say that it didn't work too well. The boot tops on each leg are made from a metallic green cuff and the yellow boot flare that sit loosely over the tops of Rogue's calves. They move around, though, and look rather awkward. I'd almost prefer there to be nothing here rather than these awkward things.
I haven't reviewed any other Rogue figures on this site since, as I mentioned at the beginning of the review, I think this is the first Rogue figure I've ever owned! How crazy, right? I have reviewed plenty of other Marvel Legends figures, though, including:
Marvel Legends: Captain America by Hasbro (2016)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series by Hasbro
Captain Marvel (Maidens of Might)
Doctor Strange (Marvel Heroes)
Guardians of the Galaxy 5-Pack
Hellcat (Fierce Fighters)
Ms. Marvel, Captain America, & Radioactive Man 3-Pack
Scarlet Witch (Maidens of Might)
Spider-Woman (Fierce Fighters)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Ant-Man by Hasbro (2015)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Avengers by Hasbro
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Avengers: Age of Ultron by Hasbro (2015)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Captain America: The Winter Soldier by Hasbro
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Guardians of the Galaxy by Hasbro
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Spider-Man by Hasbro
Jack O'Lantern (Villains of the Night)
Spider-Girl (Warriors of the Web)
Marvel Legends: Iron Man 3 by Hasbro
Classic Iron Man
Heroic Age Iron Man
Iron Monger Build-a-figure
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
What'chu talkin' 'bout?