TMNT) and Hasbro certainly released a few exclusives and plenty of figures in the 1/18th scaled Marvel Universe line but the mainstream Legends line just hasn't had a Wolverine figure available in quite a few years. But now, in this pretty awesome X-Men series of Marvel Legends, we now have a pretty impressive Wolverine in his classic orange and brown outfit. He's a slick figure and seems to be the second or third most popular figure in the series. Ready for a closer look at Wolverine? Then join me after the break...
Height: 5 3/4 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, boot swivels, double-hinged knees,
swivel thighs, ball-jointed hips, swivel waist, hinged mid-torso, lateral pectoral hinges,
swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps, double-hinged elbows,
swivel/hinge wrists, hinged neck, and a ball-jointed head.
Accessories: Interchangeable clawed and declawed fists.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* The articulation on this guy is exceptional. He is so much fun to pose and play with! Figures with claws are always more fun and Wolverine might be the most claw-riffic guy around. He has one of the best Marvel Legends articulation schemes around, and let me tell you why:
* I really like this headsculpt. It's not overly aggressive (which would have been fine with me) but it's certainly not passive. It has a bit of a curious expression to it. Maybe even showing off Wolverine just getting pissed. It really looks like John Byrne's art to my eyes.
* I like the colors on this costume. The paint looks fantastic and the addition of the belt just seals the deal. The belt is actually a separate piece, so hopefully Hasbro will reuse this body down the road to create a few more Wolverine figures. I'd love to see a first appearance and a Jim Lee era version of Wolverine.
* I love these boots. They're accurate to this costume and they look so incredibly cool in a crazy, comic booky way. They also match Logan's hairstyle. Intentional? Probably!
* Wolverine comes with two sets of interchangeable hands: One with his claws extended and the other with the claws retracted. Both sets feature closed fists and make Wolvie look like he's ready to rumble. I like how the claws are actually separate pieces attached to the sculpted hands. They look really impressive, much better than the old way of sculpting the claws as one single unit.
* This is the first Marvel Legends series with a build-a-figure that I'm planning on building since the Iron Monger from the Iron Man 3 tie-in series. Juggernaut looks amazing and now I'm only one piece away from building him. You can rest assured that I will be reviewing this guy when I get him completed.
* Overall the paint work is incredible but there are a few bits of slop on his mask. Usually something this small wouldn't be that big of a deal but the colors and location make it far more noticeable.
* I really like the ability to swap Wolverine's extended claw hands with non-extended hands. The hands are very easy to swap with little fear of breakage, which is a good thing. Unfortunately, the right hand on mine is a little too easy to swap. Sometimes when picking this guy up and playing with him (and believe me, this is one of those figures you'll keep picking up and posing) the right hand just falls out.
Freddy Kruger's glove, doesn't it?
I haven't reviewed any other Wolverine figures on Action Figure Barbecue. I have, though, reviewed plenty of other Marvel Legends figures, including:
Marvel Legends Infinite Series by Hasbro
Captain Marvel (Maidens of Might)
Doctor Strange (Marvel Heroes)
Guardians of the Galaxy 5-Pack
Hellcat (Fierce Fighters)
Ms. Marvel, Captain America, & Radioactive Man 3-Pack
Scarlet Witch (Maidens of Might)
Spider-Woman (Fierce Fighters)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Ant-Man by Hasbro (2015)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Avengers by Hasbro
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Avengers: Age of Ultron by Hasbro (2015)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Captain America: The Winter Soldier by Hasbro
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Guardians of the Galaxy by Hasbro
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Spider-Man by Hasbro
Jack O'Lantern (Villains of the Night)
Spider-Girl (Warriors of the Web)
Marvel Legends: Iron Man 3 by Hasbro
Classic Iron Man
Heroic Age Iron Man
Iron Monger Build-a-figure
Marvel Legends Series: Captain America by Hasbro (2016)
Marvel Legends Series: X-Men by Hasbro (2016)