- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Monday, September 26, 2016
Action Figure Review: Demolition Man (Mercenaries of Mayhem) from Marvel Legends: Captain America by Hasbro
Height: 6 1/4 inches tall
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, boot swivels, double-hinged knees, swivel thighs, ball-jointed hips, swivel waist, hinged mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps, double-hinged elbows, swivel-hinge wrists, hinged neck, ball-jointed head.
Accessories: Shotgun, pistol, knife, harness, and the build-a-figure Red Skull's left leg.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* I feel like I'm always gushing about the articulation on Hasbro's Marvel Legends figures, but it's just so good! Hasbro really has a solid articulation scheme worked out for these guys and Demolition Man might be one of the best yet. Not only are all of his joints tight yet mobile but the double hinged elbows and knees do not feel the least bit rubbery. This guy is so much fun to pose and play with.
* This is a really cool headsculpt. It's nothing too crazy: Just a silver skull-shaped face mask/ gas mask with red eyes. If I had to travel on a subway everyday, this is absolutely what I would choose to wear.
* Below the neck (well, and on the neck, too) Demolition Man is clad in a really cool tactical outfit. It kind of looks like something out of Crysis and I'm digging. It turns out that a good portion of this body is reused from the earlier Electro figure from the Amazing Spider-Man 2. Weird, huh? It sure works, though.
* To really flesh out his look Demolition Man includes a very cool harness. It's completely removable and features shotgun shells, pouches, and a sheathe for his knife.
* To help him do whatever it is that he does, Demolition Man comes with some decent sidearms. He has a Desert Eagle styled pistol and a combat knife. I like the brown and mustard yellow color scheme on that pistol. It actually looks really cool and gives the weapons a bit more personality than basic black or silver.
* Demolition Man has a sheathe for the knife on the back of his harness but he sports a really nice combat holster on his left hip to carry his pistol in. Both weapons stay in their respective places safe and secure.
* I'm not planning on building the Red Skull as Onslaught figure but I'm still always in favor of the inclusion of build-a-figures in a series.
Despite not knowing who this guy is, he's still a darn awesome toy. I really like him. In fact, I'd go so far as to say Demolition Man is one of the best figures Hasbro has put out all year in the Marvel Legends line. He's well articulated, well accessorized, and just plain fun to play with. Do you know who this guy is? If so, leave me a comment! I'm really curious and I feel like the more wikis on him I read the more confused I get!
Have I reviewed any other figures of Demolition Man/ Scourge/ whoever the heck this guy is? I don't think so. I have reviewed plenty of other Marvel Legends figures, though, including:
Marvel Legends Series (2016)
Marvel Legends Series: Captain America by Hasbro (2016)
Marvel Legends Series: X-Men by Hasbro (2016)