before, it was 10 years ago by Toy Biz in the 2006 Giant Man series. Now Hasbro gets a crack at her! Kitty Pryde has had a pretty eventful past year or two with her involvement with Star-Lord and the Guardians of the Galaxy so she's an excellent addition to the series. Ready for a closer look? Then join me after the break...
Heights: 6 1/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, ball-jointed hips, ball-jointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged neck, ball-jointed head.
Accessories: Lockheed, build-a-figure Juggernaut's right arm, and Magneto's head for the Onslaught build-a-figure from the previous Captain America series.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* I definitely think that Hasbro's Marvel Legends currently has the best female articulation of any mass-market toyline. Heck, I'm not sure I can think of any higher any 1/12th scale toylines that top them. Maybe DC Comics Icons but the price different isn't that much. The joints looks and feel quite natural and work great! I'm loving how many excellent poses these figures can take and how high the quality is!
* Kitty Pryde has a gorgeous headsculpt. She's really quite pretty even though there's nothing insanely remarkable about her (you know, no crazy hairstyle, heavy makeup, etc.). I think that's a credit to the sculpt, though, as it seems fitting for the figure. Her torso is also unique with the raised flares on her yellow top. It has an almost vest-like appearance and looks really good.
* While Kitty Pryde has a pretty standard X-Men outfit, there are some cool additions to the outfit such as the flared gloves and her "X" logo belt. It's a free-floating piece that rests over her hips. The paint is also quite clean, something that's always a feat when black and yellow are involved.
* Kitty comes with Lockheed, her alien dragon. Lockheed is molded in a rubbery purple plastic that's very shiny and vibrant. The sculpt is rather sharp for a small minifigure, actually. His tail is able to wrap around Kitty's neck so he can rest on her shoulder or wrap around her forearm/ elbow to sit on her arm. He's a fun, and necessary, little inclusion.
Who is the person this arm belongs to?
Ahh, OK. That's settled, then. Yup, this is the Juggernaut's right arm. It's pretty large and features the iron bands which Juggernaut wears. I'm excited to build this guy and, if I do build him, he will be the first build-a-figure I've built from a series where I bought every figure (not trading or buying BAF parts separately) since Darkseid from DC Universe Classics Series 12.
* What is another cool inclusion is this Magneto head. Unusually, it's not for the Juggernaut build-a-figure in this series: It's an additional piece for the Onslaught build-a-figure from the first Captain America series. It looks cool and makes an interesting prop even if you don't have the previous build-a-figure (which I don't).
* My only negative with Kitty Pryde is that she's just kind of a duller figure compared to everyone else in the line. Maybe it's due to the fact that she has a mutant power that's difficult to convey in action figure form but she just isn't as exciting as you might expect. She's still a really, really good figure, but perhaps a bit underwhelming compared to a figure like Rogue, Cable, or Deadpool. Maybe an alternate head with her hair not in a ponytail or a hooded classic "Sprite" head would have been a cool inclusion.
I haven't reviewed any other figures of Kitty Pryde yet but I have reviewed plenty of other Marvel Legends figures, including:
Marvel Legends: Captain America by Hasbro (2016)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series by Hasbro
Captain Marvel (Maidens of Might)
Doctor Strange (Marvel Heroes)
Guardians of the Galaxy 5-Pack
Hellcat (Fierce Fighters)
Ms. Marvel, Captain America, & Radioactive Man 3-Pack
Scarlet Witch (Maidens of Might)
Spider-Woman (Fierce Fighters)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Ant-Man by Hasbro (2015)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Avengers by Hasbro
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Avengers: Age of Ultron by Hasbro (2015)
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Captain America: The Winter Soldier by Hasbro
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Guardians of the Galaxy by Hasbro
Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Spider-Man by Hasbro
Jack O'Lantern (Villains of the Night)
Spider-Girl (Warriors of the Web)
Marvel Legends: Iron Man 3 by Hasbro
Classic Iron Man
Heroic Age Iron Man
Iron Monger Build-a-figure
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run