Batman and Green Lantern into stores. The end of the DC Universe Classics line had a number of Super Friends characters in it so these figures both tie into nostalgia and give figures like Apache Chief and El Dorado some other heroes to pal around with fighting the Legion of Doom! Recently Mattel has been shipping Suoper Friends version of Superman and Aquaman and I just had to pick up Aquaman. I might pick Superman up at some point (I kind of like the DCUC Super Powers Superman, so I don't feel overly compelled) but I knew I wanted Aquaman right away. There are definitely not as many Aquaman figures and the unique way that this Aquaman's costume is executed really works pretty well in person. I'm pretty confident that Aquaman and Superman only started shipping in 2018, so this makes him the first DC figure of 2018 I've reviewed. Crazy, huh? 2018 is the year of Aquaman! Let's check old good ol' Arthur Curry after the break...
Height: 6 1/2 inches
Articulation: Hinged ankles, hinged knees, swivel thighs, H-hinged hips,
swivel waist, hinged mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps,
hinged elbows, swivel wrists, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: Trident, stand, and backdrop
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* Aquaman is a pretty cool looking figure that differs quite a bit from the older DC Universe Classics Aquaman figure. Rather than have a textured scaled shirt this version of Aquaman has a flat torso with painted on scales to capture the look of the animation. Using the scales sparingly on the torso looks quite good and the classic Aquaman belt definitely looks on point here. I'm really digging this guy.
* Aquaman has a simple appearance that fits the animated style. Simple dark eyes and simple "yellow" blonde hair. For this style, it works.
* Aquaman has his distinctive fins on both his gloves and his boots. It's a nice sculpted element that adds uniqueness to his design.
* Since Aquaman uses a fairly standard DC Universe Classics styled body, you
know what to expect: It's a standard articulation model that is
functional if not overwhelmingly impressive anymore. I mean, it's now over 10 years old. The figure is nice
and sturdy and it's still fun to play with, however. I'm anxious to see Mattel finally update their standard bodies, though.
* I really like Aquaman's trident. It's not as cool as his super stylish and complex tridents from DC Universe Classics but it's also an improvement over the tridents from the movie versions.
* Mattel has been giving a few of their Multiverse figures these cool little stands that were first used in the Batman: Classic TV Series line.
They're a nice way to display the figures on a shelf. This one is
emblazoned with the Super Friends logo on the base. There's also a
sturdy cardboard display card that features a shiny version of Aquaman on
* The other side features part of the Super Friends logo. Presumably,
if you purchase all of the figures available you could spell out Super
* It's difficult to tell in pictures but the plastic that makes up Aquaman's upper and lower legs doesn't quite match. The plastics seem to be of two different qualities and two slightly different colors.
If you are looking for more Aquaman action figures I've also checked out the BvS Multiverse Aquaman, the Justice League Aquaman, the Toys R Us exclusive shirtless Aquaman, and the DC Nano Metalfigs Aquaman from the Pack B 5-pack.
If you're looking for more DC Comics Multiverse figures check out the following:
Batgirl (The Batgirl of Burnside)
Batman (Batman: Zero Year)
Batman (DC Rebirth)
Batwing (DC Rebirth)
Damian Wayne Robin (Robin War)
Doctor Psycho (Collect & Connect figure)
Duke Thomas (We Are Robin)
Earth 23 Superman
The Flash: From Page to Screen
Jim Gordon Batman (Batman: Superheavy)
The Joker (Batman: Endgame)
The Reaper (Batman: Year Two)
Rookie (Collect & Connect figure)
Wonder Girl (Teen Titans)
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Armored Batman (The Dark Knight Returns)
Batman & Superman (The Dark Knight Returns)
The Flash & The Atom (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns)
The Joker (The Dark Knight Returns)
Mutant Leader (The Dark Knight Returns)
Robin (The Dark Knight Returns)
Son of Batman
Batman v. Superman
Batman's Grapnel Blaster (Collect & Connect accessory)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Reverse Flash (The Flash TV Series)
Aquaman (Toys R Us Exclusive)
Batman (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Cyborg (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Mother Boxes (Collect & Connect Accessory)
Steppenwolf (Collect & Connect Figure)
Harley Quinn (6 inch)
Harley Quinn (12 inch)
Harley Quinn (Gold Dress)
Harley Quinn (Toys R Us Exclusive)
The Joker (Toys R Us Exclusive)
Supergirl TV Series
Diana of Themyscira
Wonder Woman (Toys 'R Us exclusive)