BvS version of Aquaman was also not wearing a shirt, the main Justice League version of Arthur is wearing a full outfit and thus hides his really cool tattoos, so I can understand why Mattel wanted to get this guy out there. Doesn't mean I wouldn't have rather had Lois Lane, Antiope, bald Lex Luthor, Commissioner Gordon, Alfred, or even Deathstroke in his place, though. Let's check this guy out after the break...
Height: 6 5/8ths
Articulation: Hinged ankles, hinged knees, H-hinged hips, swivel waist,
swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps, hinged elbows, swivel
wrists, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: Unhelmeted head and helmet for the Steppenwolf Collect & Connect figure.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
The TRU exclusive Aquaman sans shirt is here in the middle, looking even more like Khal Drogo than any Aquaman before. On the left is the standard Justice League version while on the right is the BvS version. While the Justice League versions look to share headsculpts, this Aquaman doesn't share parts with any other figures.
* I think the headsculpt is the same as the standard version but the paintwork is different. There's less blonde in the hair although the details and paintwork are still really sharp and clean, particularly on the eyes. This is still a really good headsculpt.
* Aquaman is definitely not the best figure in the Multiverse line but his articulation is adequate. It's not great but you can still strike some poses and play around with the figure without worrying about breakage. He's a good, sturdy toy.
* The tattoos are definitely a bit too "fresh" looking but they're nicely printed onto the figure's arms and torso. I like the design here.
* Interestingly, Aquaman is barefooted here. It does make for a more unique looking figure and the way the jeans drape over the ankles is kind of cool.
* Aquaman looks.... unusual. There is something that just seems off about the body. I think it looks too large and too "flat" to fit in with the look of Aquaman's headsculpt. It's just an odd looking figure that doesn't seem like it should fit together.
* Aquaman is wearing some standard slacks that look to have some wear and tear on them. There are some sculpted rips and tears but they're not given any paint applications, leaving them looking very boring and dull.
Superman figure, though. It's not bad, but it is a disappointing inclusion.
Mera's water effects, a stronger sculpt, and better paintwork would have definitely improved things. It would have been cool to either get an actual different Collect & Connect piece or even simply a larger accessory to round things out. Unfortunately, what we guy is probably the definition of Eh. He's dull and quite boring, really, which is a shame.
If you're looking for more Aquaman action figures I've also checked out the BvS Multiverse Aquaman , the Justice League Aquaman, and the DC Nano Metalfigs Aquaman from the Pack B 5-pack.
If you're looking for more DC Comics Multiverse action figures, check out the following:
Batgirl (The Batgirl of Burnside)
Batman (Batman: Zero Year)
Batman (DC Rebirth)
Batwing (DC Rebirth)
Damian Wayne Robin (Robin War)
Doctor Psycho (Collect & Connect figure)
Duke Thomas (We Are Robin)
Earth 23 Superman
The Flash: From Page to Screen
Jim Gordon Batman (Batman: Superheavy)
The Joker (Batman: Endgame)
The Reaper (Batman: Year Two)
Rookie (Collect & Connect figure)
Wonder Girl (Teen Titans)
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Armored Batman (The Dark Knight Returns)
Batman & Superman (The Dark Knight Returns)
The Flash & The Atom (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns)
The Joker (The Dark Knight Returns)
Mutant Leader (The Dark Knight Returns)
Robin (The Dark Knight Returns)
Son of Batman
Batman v. Superman
Batman's Grapnel Blaster (Collect & Connect accessory)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Reverse Flash (The Flash TV Series)
Batman (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Cyborg (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Mother Boxes (Collect & Connect Accessory)
Steppenwolf (Collect & Connect Figure)
Harley Quinn (6 inch)
Harley Quinn (12 inch)
Harley Quinn (Gold Dress)
Harley Quinn (Toys R Us Exclusive)
The Joker (Toys R Us Exclusive)
Supergirl TV Series
Diana of Themyscira
Wonder Woman (Toys 'R Us exclusive)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast