- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
Friday, October 7, 2016
Road to Rogue One: K-2SO from Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III by Hasbro
Height: 7 1/8ths inches
Articulation: Lateral ankle hinges, vertical ankle hinges, lower knee swivels, hinged knees, upper knee swivels, balljointed hips, balljointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, bicep swivels, hinged elbows, lower elbow swivels, swivel/hinge wrists, balljointed neck, and a balljointed head.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* K-2SO is built quite differently from most other Star Wars: The Black Series figures. He's very well done, though, and has a very impressive range of motion. He's double jointed in many place and, with some time and a devious mind, you can contort him into a variety of frightening poses. The ball jointed neck and head are incredibly expressive, too. Playing with this guy really makes me want a Battle Droid in the Black Series!
* K-2SO has some really impressive sculpting and his back really shows it off. Check out all of the various tech boards and panels back there. The upper panel with two small antennae really reminds me of something we would have seen on the back of a Battle Droid or a Commando Droid. The paint work is nice on both the various buttons and panels and on the weathering which covers the droid's body.
* Here's a look at the side of K-2SO's head so you can see more of the weathering look. I'm so pumped to see this guy in action in under 3 months, aren't you?
* I really like the orange stripes around the edges of K-2SO's hips and shoulders. At first I thought they looked a little messy but, after examining some film stills, I think they match the look of the droid nicely. The orange lines do seem to have a rough edge to them on the droid, so these seem really accurate. Is that accuracy intentional? Only Hasbro knows and they're not telling!
* I love the overall look of this guy. He's got long, spindly arms and legs and just looks like he could be a fierce presence if need be. He seems to capture the look and feel of the film character well, particularly the height, and that's a big plus in my book.
* I'm not really holding this against the figure but do be careful when standing this guy up on display. His somewhat gangling build seems as if it might cause the droid to tip over from time to time. No one wants their droid to shelf dive, do they?
* Ready for a Rorschach test? What's this logo on K-2SO's shoulder? Is it a silver medal? A pizza slicer? A coin? Wait, is that the Imperial Cog logo? Yes. Well, that's what it's supposed to be anyways. I got a bizarre quality control error where it looks like the stamp just didn't come down right. Crap. (By the way, I checked and this doesn't seem intentional.)
* K-2SO looks ready to grip a blaster but he doesn't come with any firearms. That's a bit disappointing, especially since most of the sales images released for preorders (and still used by retailers like Target) show an E-11 in the package with K-2SO.
I haven't reviewed any other figures of K-2SO but I have reviewed plenty of other Star Wars: The Black Figures, including:
Star Wars: The Black Series (6 inch) by Hasbro (2013)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Outfit)
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Revenge of the Sith)
Princess Leia (Slave Outfit)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase II (6 inch) by Hasbro (2014)
Boba Fett (Prototype Armor)
Clone Commander Cody
Clone Trooper Captain
Clone Trooper Sergeant
Han Solo & Tauntaun
Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)
Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Luke Skywalker & Wampa
Princess Leia Organa (Boushh)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III (6 inch) by Hasbro (2015)
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Phase 1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
X-Wing Pilot Asty