- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Saturday, October 8, 2016
Minifigure Review: Black Canary from DC Comics Lil Bombshells by Cryptozoic Entertainment
Height: 3 inches
Accessories: Metal storage tin.
Non-Scalper Price: $10 dollars
* When I first saw the Black Canary Bombshells statue, I was really impressed. I liked the interpretation of Black Canary as a nightclub singer and Ant Lucia's art really captured a very glamorous side of Dinah. That glamorous look has translated well to the smaller and more stylized Lil Bombshells as Dinah still looks pretty smashing. As seems to be a strength of this line, the paint is quite impressive, too.
* The weakness of this design, and thus this figure, is that there really isn't anything here that screams Black Canary (pun intended). Other than the microphone serving as a link to her Canary Cry power, she really does just look like a figure of a performer. I think Cryptozoic tried to capture her fishnet leggings with a darker paintjob on the legs but it looks kind of awkward.
If you're looking for more Black Canary, I did review Kotobukiya's Bishoujo Black Canary earlier this year.