- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- The Batgirl Library
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Wednesday, October 19, 2016
31 Days of Toy Terror Lives: Headless Horseman from Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 7 by Fisher-Price
Height: 2 7/8ths inches
Articulation: Hinged hips, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel wrists, and a swivel neck.
Accessories: Jack o' Lantern headpiece and sword.
Non-Scalper Price: $3-$4 dollars
* The sculpt on this guy is awesome. Rather than making the Headless Horseman truly headless, Fisher-Price went with a translucent green head and arms to represent his ghostly body. That was a great idea! I love the mysterious green skin with the dark brown and black 18th century military gear. This guy is one heck of a figure.
* Whether you're collecting these yourselves or buying these for the kids, you can appreciate that Imaginext figures are really well built. The articulation feels sturdy and you can have quite a bit of fun with these. My little one loves playing with these and so do I. They're just fun toys overall.
* Not only is the Headless Horseman portrayed with green, ethereal skin but his ghostly body also glows in the dark! Yup, out this guy under the lights for a few minutes and you can then use him to find your way in the dark. OK, maybe the glow isn't that strong, but it's still a really cool feature.
* As you can tell if you look to the left or right of this review, I love jack o' lanterns and have no problems with plopping one on my head. That's another reason why I'm so crazy about this figure: That jack o' lantern headpiece! It's so cool! It's attached to a flowing black cape and even has the little Imaginext "i" as the clasp.
* This is a pretty slick sword. I love the look of it. Major props given that it's molded in a nice silverish plastic, too!
* The paintwork on the pumpkin and the cloak is a bit iffy. There's a lot of slop here for this being such a simple piece.
Keep checking back here every day in October for more Toy Terror! Also, make sure to check out the Toy Bloggers United contest being hosted here this month! For more 31 Days of Toy Terror, check out my Hokey Halloween Horror page for spooky fun from 2016 and years past!