Cassian Andor figure is also given the (Eadu) designation, so Jyn at least has some company. I'm really excited to see K-Mart back in the exclusive game this time around as I really liked both the Kylo Ren and Rey they offered for The Force Awakens. I actually ordered this figure through K-Mart's site to store feature which proved to be very easy to use. No shipping costs and the figure was ready in just a few days. Let's take a closer look at Jyn Erso in her Eadu duds after the break...
Height: 5 3/8ths inches
ankles, boot swivels, double hinged knees, swivel thighs, balljointed
hips, balljointed mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel/hinge
elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, hinged neck, and a balljointed head.
Accessories: Helmet, pistol, E-11 blaster, cylinder, breath mask, and environmental base.
Non-Scalper Price: $25 dollars
* This version of Jyn Erso shares a number of pieces with the figure I reviewed yesterday (legs, right hand, and torso) which means it also has the same great articulation. Jyn can take a number of combat positions, even holding her E-11 blaster with two hands.
* Jyn has a different headsculpt from the standard figure and while I don't like this one as much, it still looks pretty good while fitting into the Star Wars: The Black Series aesthetic. Jyn looks a bit harsher here and her hair is pressed down a bit due to her combat helmet.
* Jyn's cloak has a really nice drybrushing effect that gives it a dirty, worn look to it. It really adds a lot of detail to the figure, something that's always a plus.
* Here's a look at Jyn's outfit from the front. To achieve the effect of this being a combat poncho or a parka of sorts, the main body of the garment is a separate piece permanently affixed over the standard figure body. The sleeves are nice and large, making this look like a somewhat bulky outfit designed to help keep out the elements.
* Jyn's blaster pistol is very cool. As far as I know it is yet
unidentified ( I cannot wait for the Rogue One visual dictionary!) but
it has a very cool connection to the blaster pistol of another famous rogue:
It resembles a German WW2 military pistol. While Han Solo's blaster is
based on a Mauser C96, Jyn's appears to be based on a Luger P-O8. This
pistol looks like it could pack a hefty punch.
* Jyn has a holster for her blaster and it's really cool. It's an actual
belt that rests over her hips and hands down her right hip. It's looks
awesome and works perfectly.
* I love this helmet. It's fits on Jyn's head perfectly and just looks really cool. There are some great paint applications on here, too.
* Sergeant Jyn Erso comes a BlasTech E-11 that I'm sure she acquired from some hapless Imperial. What's cool is that not only is this a
new sculpt but it features some sort of sensor or target designator on
the barrel. Lots of the Rogue One blasters have these designators, so I'm
wondering if this is a feature we'll see on the weapons in Rogue One.
* While we don't know anything about what Eadu refers to yet (probably a planet with a hostile environment) it appears that Jyn needs to strap on a breath mask at some point to navigate it. Her mask is molded in a soft, translucent orange plastic with a black strap. It looks extremely similar to the Roamer-6 masks Han Solo keeps in the Millennium Falcon. The strap is a bit large for Jyn's head but it fits on nicely when she's wearing her helmet.
* I have no idea what this cylinder that can hang on this hook on Jyn's bandolier is. My guess is that it's an explosive of some sort; perhaps a larger, cylindrical thermal detonator. It's a nice sculpt and I love how she can actually tote it around, but right now it's a complete mystery. I can't imagine this being Death Star plans, can you?
* The staple of these deluxe K-Mart exclusive sets seems to be an oversized diorama piece that connects together with another figure down the road. Jyn comes with what we can only assume is a craggy bit of rocky terrain. I love the look of this piece as that sculpt is really sharp, the paint gives it a richer look, and there are two indentations with pegs for Jyn's feet to attach. I wonder what figure will eventually attach to this base?
* While I like the fact that Hasbro used a softer material to replicate the bulky look of a ponch or parka, it does make the various details adorning Jyn's outfit look a bit soft and underdeveloped. I wish things were a bit sharper because there seems to be a lot of cool elements here.
I just reviewed the single carded Sergeant Jyn Erso yesterday, so check that out if you're interested. If you want more reviews of the Black Series, check out my reviews of:
Star Wars: The Black Series (6 inch) by Hasbro (2013)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Outfit)
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Revenge of the Sith)
Princess Leia (Slave Outfit)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase II (6 inch) by Hasbro (2014)
Boba Fett (Prototype Armor)
Clone Commander Cody
Clone Trooper Captain
Clone Trooper Sergeant
Han Solo & Tauntaun
Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)
Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Luke Skywalker & Wampa
Princess Leia Organa (Boushh)
Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III (6 inch) by Hasbro (2015)
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial
Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
X-Wing Pilot Asty
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle