The Joker and Boomerang) and as of yet I haven't seen her in any stores; I picked mine up from Amazon. Ready for a closer look at one of the brave souls who tries to keep the Suicide Squad in line? Then join me after the break...
Height: 6 1/8ths inches
Articulation: Hinged ankles, hinged knees, swivel thighs, H-hinged hips, swivel waist, hinged mid-torso, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel wrists, and a balljointed head.
Accessories: Katana, wakizashi, two scabbards, ribbon shoulder strap, and the head and waist for the Croc build-a-figure.
Non-Scalper Price: $20 dollars
* Like most of the other DC Comics Multiverse figures, while this might not be a perfect representation of Karen Fukuhara in the role of Katana, it is a pretty solid Katana headsculpt. The hair looks really good and the eyes are neat and clean peering out through the mask.
* I really like the detail on Katana's costume as she's a pretty elaborate figure in terms of paint and sculpted detail. There are actually some scars sculpted onto her stomach and chest and the chest of her jacket is a separate piece that rests over her main torso, giving her a more layered look. The black, red, and gold color scheme looks really impressive and the paintwork is neat and clean all around.
* Katana has a lot of detail on her back. The ribbon over her shoulders is an easily removable piece and it matches the red on her belt. There's a floral design with some characters on her back and some more characters on her back right thigh. The paint apps on these are really neat and clean and definitely add a bit of interesting detail to the figure.
* Katana comes with two swords: Her Soultaker katana and a wakizashi. They're pretty decent accessories and fit inside the two included scabbards.
* Katana's swords fit in the scabbards and can tuck into the belt around her waist. I like that they're removable and that she can store all of her accessories on her person.
* I'll never complain when a figure comes with build-a-figure pieces, particularly when they're for a Batman villain! Katana comes with Croc's head and crotch; two of the pieces you'll absolutely need to build the figure.
* Katana has all of the points of articulation you would expect but her range of motion with most of them is terrible. The elbows hardly bend and the balljointed head could easily have a greater range of motion due to Katana's short hairstyle.
* Remove the scabbards from Katana's belt and you end up with two very large holes. Considering that the scabbards are pretty large and kind of intrusive, I can think of a number of reasons you might want to remove them. When you take them out, just keep in mind that this is what you're going to get.
* Overall, there's just something that feels off about Katana's proportions. It's tough for me to put a finger on exactly what it is, but I think it might have to due with the fact that her legs and arms seem to thin for her wider torso. Again, it's tough to nail the problem down but it always jumps out at me when I'm messing around with the figure.
The only other Katana figure I've reviewed so far was from the DC Collectibles New 52 2-pack Wonder Woman versus Katana. I've reviewed plenty of other DC Comics Multiverse figures from Mattel, including:
DC Comics Multiverse (6 inches) by Mattel (2016)
Armored Batman (The Dark Knight Returns)
Batman from Zero Year
Earth 23 Superman
The Joker from Batman: Endgame
Reverse Flash (The Flash TV Series)
Robin (The Dark Knight Returns)
DC Comics Multiverse: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns by Mattel (2016)
Son of Batman
DC Comics Multiverse: Batman v. Superman by Mattel (2016)
Batman's Grapnel Blaster (Collect & Connect accessory)
DC Comics Multiverse: Suicide Squad by Mattel (2016)
Harley Quinn (6 inch)
Harley Quinn (12 inch)
Harley Quinn (Gold Dress)
Harley Quinn (Toys R Us Exclusive)
The Joker (Toys R Us Exclusive)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess