- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Saturday, October 15, 2016
31 Days of Toy Terror Lives: Tombstone Tackle Ghost from The Real Ghostbusters: Haunted Humans by Kenner
Height: 6 inches
Articulation: Swivel hips, swivel shoulders, hinged neck/ football creature, hinged back/mouth, and hinged eyes.
Year of Release: 1988
Original Retail Price: $5- $7 dollars
* Not only is Tombstone Tackle rather large and intimidating looking but he has articulated arms and legs. You can actually play with this guy like a normal action figure and, even years later, this guy feels quite sturdy.
* Here's Tombstone Tackle. He's number #0 and is just a massive, beefy guy. If you look closely at the face behind his facemask, you can see that he doesn't look like a friendly dude. His crazy build seems more like a Masters of the Universe figure than your average Ghostbusters figure.
* There are a few cool details on this guy such as his thick arm hair, veiny forearms and hands, and striped socks. It's a simple sculpt but it works well for the era this toy was released in.
H.R. Geiger would probably have a field day with that.
* I like these flip up eyes. They're simple but they're kind of odd. You can almost imagine watching a cartoon episode where a giant football player has these eyes pop out of his back right before someone attempts to tackle him. Of course, this would lead to the giant mouth opening up and swallowing the other player.
* Here's the odd little guy inside Tombstone Tackle's mouth! The little football like creature can move up and down when you tilt the human body's head. It's not the tongue, though, as that's the bumpy, neon green slap of nastiness resting as the bottom of the giant mouth.
Keep checking back here every day in October for more Toy Terror! Also, make sure to check out the Toy Bloggers United contest being hosted here this month! For more 31 Days of Toy Terror, check out my Hokey Halloween Horror page for spooky fun from 2016 and years past!