Highway from C.O.P.S., and X-Cop here. And all made by Kenner, right? Interesting coincidence! Maybe there was a former motorcycle cop working for Kenner during that time who kept submitting motorcycle cop themed action figures? Anyways, let's get to the spooky and take a closer look at this vintage action figure after the break...
Height: 5 11/12ths inches
Articulation: Extending feet and hands, swivel shoulders, action feature opening chest.
Year of Release: 1988
Original Retail Price: $5-$7 dollars
* Again, when you realize that these aren't supposed to be actual humans but merely human-like shells that hide the devious ghosts dwelling inside, the slightly odd appearances become more disturbing. Something about this guy reminds me of the cop from Psycho that pulls Marion Crane over. I think they both have the same stare.
* X-Cop has a patrol belt with a few little pouches that hide the hinges for his action feature and a non-removable pistol holstered on his left hip. There's also a belt buckle with the initials "GB." Is that for Ghostbusters? Why would a ghost be wearing a belt with a Ghostbusters reference? Odd, huh?
* Here's a close up of his face. I do just love the tongue. Is that a spine in his throat, though? Does that make anatomical sense? Maybe. I do like his hollow eyes, too. Not sure what's going on with his ribs, though.
* One negative about X-Cop is that he's a really stiff figure. His legs are solid and his arms only swivel. You're really stuck with this guy just standing around in a single pose.
* X-Cop's shoulders are also really, really loose. Kind of like your mom. I seem to recall that my original childhood X-Cop was this loose as well (he was also like your mom) and thus this may not be due to age. Unless you out his arm directly above his head, they're not going to do anything but hand at his side.
Keep checking back here every day in October for more Toy Terror! Also, make sure to check out the Toy Bloggers United contest being hosted here this month! For more 31 Days of Toy Terror, check out my Hokey Halloween Horror page for spooky fun from 2016 and years past!