- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Wednesday, October 12, 2016
31 Days of Toy Terror Lives: Twisty from American Horror Story: Freak Show from Pop! Television by Funko
Height: 3 3/4 inches
Articulation: Swivel head
Non-Scalper Price: $10 dollars
* Oh my gosh. Twisty is not just the scariest POP! I've ever seen but possibly one of the scariest toys I've ever seen. Twisty was pretty freaky on the show but this figure is absolutely nightmare fuel. It's the eyes. Usually Pop! figures have those cute little black eyes but Twisty has large white eyes. Large, milky white, soulless eyes. Yikes! This figure honestly and truly creeps me out. I'm glad I bought him!
* Here's a close up look at Twisty's hideous mask. Yeah, the teeth and mouth are actually a mask he wears to cover up something even more disturbing. Just watch the show already, will ya?
* Twisty's clown costume is nicely rendered here in the simple Pop! style. He's also carrying a juggling pin. What's he going to use it for? You don't want to know. Believe me.
* Perhaps the thing that helps Twisty stand out from other POP! figures from Funko is that he actually looks really dirty and grimy. If Todd McFarlane wee to handle the paintwork on a Pop! figure, this is kind of how you'd expect it to turn out. Usually Funko uses a very clean paint design on the line but Twisty's grime and filth really help him to stand out. This is awesome work on Funko's part.
I have to admit that this figure really and truly creeps me out. Because of that, I'm pretty sure Funko did an awesome job at crafting this guy to capture the terrifying character from the excellent fourth season of American Horror Story. I'm not sure I ever imagined a Pop! could be this creepy, but Twisty definitely is. He's getting an Epic rating from me for sure, because I'd be afraid to not give the guy an Epic rating.
Keep checking back here every day in October for more Toy Terror! Also, make sure to check out the Toy Bloggers United contest being hosted here this month! For more 31 Days of Toy Terror, check out my Hokey Halloween Horror page for spooky fun from 2016 and years past!