- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
Sunday, October 9, 2016
Action Figure Review: Disco Guy from Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 7 by Fisher-Price
Height: 2 7/8ths inches (3 1/8ths inches with afro)
Articulation: Hinged hips, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel wrists, and a swivel neck.
Accessories: Disco ball and stand
Non-Scalper Price: $3-$4 dollars
* Check out this disco stud. He's just glorious, isn't he? That hair. Those sideburns! The glasses! The expression! The collar! The little Imaginext "i" logo as his disco daddy medallion (I'm not sure what those things are really called)! This guy is just the ultimate disco dancing dude. Whether you're wanting him to give Disco Stu a run for his money or have him pal around with the KVWN Channel 4 news team, the Disco Man helps you to make that happen.
* The Disco Guy has a more prominent pointer finger than many other Imaginext figures. Is this because he's doing the Point Move, AKA the Travolta? I like to think so.
* As always, I'm with the quality and the articulation on these little guys. While they're only about 2 7/8ths inches, they remind me a lot of some of the various toylines of the 1980s and 1990s due to the random character selection, the durability, and the accessories.
* Check out the bag of the Disco Guy's jacket! Who doesn't love tassels? While they're typically only worn by midnight cowboys and professional wrestlers, they look awesome on this bright orange disco suit. Imagine if Lloyd Christmas' bright orange suit became even more gaudy and flamboyant. This is what you'd end up with. And it's glorious!
* The Disco Guy includes a huge accessory that not only fits the character but helps to easily identify him in the blind bagged packaging: An enormous disco ball. The disco ball has a great sculpt that makes it look like it's actually paneled. It also includes a stand so it can float above the dance floor. Set up Imaginext dance parties or pretend this is one of the orbs from Phantasm! The choice is yours!
* You know what would have been incredible? If the disco ball had been cast in a glittery or pearlescent plastic. As it is, it kind of looks like the Death Star.
I've reviewed quite a few Imaginext figures on here, including:
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 2 by Fisher-Price (2014)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 3 by Fisher-Price (2014)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 4 by Fisher-Price (2015)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 5 by Fisher-Price (2015)
Crash Test Dummy
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 6 by Fisher-Price (2015)
4 Arm Alien