figures of the developed but never released 1979 Kenner Alien toyline. Over the years Super7 took over the line completely and they've been doing a great job with it. The idea behind the ReAction line is to create action figures in the style of the vintage Kenner Star Wars line. It's strange to see Masters of the Universe in the style since it was a toyline created to rival Star Wars and to be bigger and brawnier than Kenner's toys, but there's also a peculiar "alternate history" kind of appeal. Stratos was originally released in the second series of figures with his red wings/ blue jetpack color scheme but today I'm checking out the blue winged Stratos, one of the three Power-Con 2018 exclusive Stratos figures (the other two were minicomic Stratos and the blue bearded Stratos). Let's check out the ReAction Stratos after the break and see if he flies high!
Height: 3 3/4ths inches
Articulation: Swivel hips, swivel shoulders, and a swivel head.
Year of Release: 2018
Original Retail Price: $15 dollars
* Just for fun here is a comparison between the ReAction Stratos and the vintage Mattel Stratos. They're quite similar in design though the aesthetics are radically different!
* While the ReAction line did it's fair share of sharing parts, Stratos is mostly unique due to his sculpted on harness and wings. He really does have all of the details you'd expect though he's slimmer, just like a vintage Kenner Star Wars figure. Could this guy hang out at Cloud City with Lando and crew? I think so!
* If you've ever picked up a retro figure like this, you know what to
expect: 5 points of articulation, all swivel joints. Stratos feels very
well made and sturdy. Super7 has been very
consistent in the quality of their ReAction lines over the past couple of years and has definitely perfected the style.
* While Stratos doesn't come with any accessories, he does have some fairly intricate sculpting on his wings. This might be a bit beyond late 1970s Kenner but it easily could have been something early 1980s Kenner would have done.
* Stratos also has his really cool jetpack sculpted on his back. The paintwork is really neat and clean on the figure and while it's simple, it helps make all of the details pop out.
* The card art is excellent on most ReAction figures released by Super7
and their Masters of the Universe line is no exception. Stratos
features a beautiful illustration of the character by Jason Edmiston. I love how it looks like Stratos is flying right at you! To
preserve the card I actually made a slit in the top of the blister so I
can slide the figure in and out. It work great and allows the figure to
be displayed inside and outside of the card. It even worked on the two
tiny blisters that the additional weapons are included in. I've got mine
hanging on a
metal pegboard similar to what you'd see in a retail store!
* While the heads are sculpted to appear as if they're from a more primitive era, Stratos' features seem far too exaggerated. He kind of looks like Yak Face, doesn't he?
If you're a Stratos fan then check out my review of the M.U.S.C.L.E. green Stratos from series #2, the minifigure Stratos from the 200x Heroes Vs. Villains Gift Pack #1, the Mega Construx Stratos and the Mega Construx Heroes Stratos, the Monogram International Stratos bag clip, the Club Grayskull Stratos, and Super7's Neo-vintage Stratos.
For more Masters of the Universe: ReAction figures check out the following:
Anti-Eternia He-Man (Clear Smoke)
Beast Man (Leo)
Beast Man with Weapons Pack
Grizzlor (Dark Variant)
Grizzlor (Toy Variant)
He-Man and Battle Cat
Mantenna (Toy Variant)
Mer-Man (Carry Case Colors)
Modulok (Top Toys Variant)
Orko (Cartoon Colors)
Ram Man (Mini Comic)
Scare Glow (Clear)
Skeletor and Panthor
Skeletor (Los Amos)
Slime Pit He-Man
Trap Jaw (Cartoon Colors)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run