originally available in a 2-pack at SDCC 2018 with Hordak. I never had that set, though, so She-Ra is all new to me! Let's check her out after the break...
Height: 3 7/8ths inches
Articulation: Swivel hips, swivel shoulders, and a swivel head.
Accessories: Sword of Protection.
Non-Scalper Price: $15 dollars
* Remembering that the intention of the ReAction line is to re-imagine the MOTU crew in the style of vintage Kenner Star Wars figures, I think Super7 did a pretty good job. She-Ra definitely looks like she would fit right in with the Empire Strikes Back line or Mattel's Clash of the Titans. She's clearly based on the Filmation cartoon design for She-Ra rather than the vintage toy design, but I imagine that's what most folks prefer. There's a nice amount of detail here and, for the most part, the paintwork is clean.
* The headsculpt is very fitting for a vintage figure from the late 1970s/ early 1980s (compare She-Ra's face to Kenner's vintage Princess Leia figures) and she has the toothy grin that many vintage toys had. I originally had blue or silver lipstick but, nope, this appears to be a grin. Her tiara is really well done, as is her hair. Her hair is actually somewhat pliable, allowing her head to turn a bit more than you might think.
* If you've ever picked up a retro figure like this, you know what to
expect: 5 points of articulation, all swivel joints. She-Ra feels very
well made and sturdy. Super7 has been very
consistent in the quality of their ReAction lines over the past couple of years and has definitely perfected the style.
* She-Ra comes with the Sword of Protection, of course! I really like it! It kind of reminds me of the Filmation Sword of Protection, but it's smaller and pointier like the vintage She-Ra swords. It also has the handle guard, like the Power Sword from the vintage He-Man figure.
* The card art on most ReAction figures released by Super7 is beautiful
and their Masters of the Universe line is no exception. She-Ra features an awesome illustration from Jason Edmiston of the character
with a new Crystal Castle background. I love how She-Ra has her
own unique background, and I hope that some more Great Rebellion figures come along at some point to give her some company. To
preserve the card I actually made a slit in the top of the blister so I
can slide the figure in and out. It work great and allows the figure to
be displayed inside and outside of the card. I've got mine hanging on a
metal pegboard similar to what you'd see in a retail store!
* She-Ra's skirt is handled kind of like Shadow Weaver's robe, but it looks really odd for some reason. It's just a strange design choice that hurts the look of the figure.
If you're a She-Raver who digs She-Ra/ Princess Adora then check out the
figures I've reviewed: The Masters of the Universe Classics Galactic Protector She-Ra, the Club Grayskull She-Ra, the She-Ra from the Super7 Battle for Etheria 2-Pack, and Mattel's She-Ra and the Princesses of Power She-Ra and Battle Armor She-Ra and Swift Wind.
For more Masters of the Universe ReAction figures check out the following:
Mer-Man (Carry Case Colors)
Orko (Cartoon Colors)
Ram Man (Mini Comic)
Skeletor (Los Amos)
Slime Pit He-Man
Trap Jaw (Cartoon Colors)
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Top 10 Lists and Other Stuff
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- Snake Mountain!
- Beast Manor
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- The Kessel Run
- The Crystal Castle
- Teela: Warrior Goddess
- Trap Jaw's Tourist Trap
- Cringer's Crib
- Sea of Rakash
- Evil-Lyn's Dungeon
- The Fright Zone
- The Wonderdome
Saturday, August 31, 2019
Action Figure Review: She-Ra from Masters of the Universe ReAction by Super7
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Very cool. Been falling behind on Super7 MOTUs but will need to grab a few.ReplyDelete
Super7's website still has a pretty good selection. Their shipping has improved radically, too, so you can get quite a few shipped for a decent price. BBTS has been running some sales on some earlier figures, too.Delete