- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast
Monday, October 23, 2017
Action Figure Review: Future Cop from Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 8 by Fisher-Price
Height: 2 7/8ths inches
Articulation: Hinged hips, swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel wrists, and a swivel neck.
Accessories: Helmet/ head, and a robotic dog.
Non-Scalper Price: $3-$4 dollars
* The Future Cop's helmet is pretty cool. It definitely looks to be inspired by Judge Dredd and Robo-Cop with a long, thin visor and a design that leaves only the mouth exposed.
* Another aspect of this figure that reminds me quite a bit of Judge Dredd is the armored chest piece. The extended shoulder pad on the right arm and the large badge on the left definitely seem reminiscent of that character's design and gives off a cool vibe. I'm not wild about the bright yellow (maybe a more bronze/ gold color would have been better)?
* I'm always happy with the quality and the articulation on these little guys. While they're only about 2 7/8ths inches, they remind me a lot of some of the various toylines of the 1980s and 1990s due to the random character selection, the durability, and the accessories.
* The robotic K-9 unit is really cool. He's not articulated but he has a great sculpt and a nice paint job that seems to look like a cross between Bumblebee and a German Shepard.
* The Future Cop's helmet is removable. Unfortunately, it doesn't really reveal anything cool underneath. It just looks kind of weird when it could have been a very cool feature.
The Future Cop is a Good figure, but he comes off as a bit duller. I love the K-9 companion (I'm all about dogs and robotic dogs) and the concept but the colors really don't do this guy any favors. Maybe if he'd had something cool under the helmet or a weapon of some sort, but this guy is just rather plain. I'm sure folks will dig the dog but that's about it.
If you're looking for more Imaginext reviews, check out the following:
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 2 by Fisher-Price (2014)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 3 by Fisher-Price (2014)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 4 by Fisher-Price (2015)
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 5 by Fisher-Price (2015)
Crash Test Dummy
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 6 by Fisher-Price (2015)
4 Arm Alien
Imaginext: Collectible Figures Series 7 by Fisher-Price (2016)