URoRRuR'R'R), and it makes the line feel like it's really doing something special in the same way that the earliest Phase 1 releases did. Let's take a closer look at this Tusken Raider after the break...
Height: 6 inches
Articulation: Swivel/hinge ankles, double hinged knees, swivel thighs,
ball jointed hips, ball jointed abdomen, swivel/ hinge shoulders,
swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, a hinged neck, and a ball jointed head.
Accessories: Gaffi stick base, three staff heads, and a rifle.
Non-Scalper Price: $20-$22 dollars
* The Tusken Raider has all of the articulation you'd expect from a black series figure and it's all pretty useful, too. Even with his inner robe being made of a heavier but pliable plastic, the slits on the side still allow for lateral leg movement. He has a tough time with rifle poses, but any gaffi stick battling poses look incredible.
*The use of an actual soft goods outer cloak here was a great choice. I love the material and the fit. It captures the rough, nomadic vibe of the Sand People.
* Overall I'm really happy with this headsculpt. I have one issue, but I'll get to that in a moment. let me just present that the sculpting and the paintwork look incredible here, especially the work on the wraps around the head and the small metal parts. The breathing apparatus below the head is also really cool, and it appears to be a separate piece to give a more three dimensional vibe to the Tusken Raider's outfit.
* The paintwork adds a bit to the dirty feel of the figure, as do the visible parts of the inner outfit such as the wrapped wrists and feat. Great sculpting and great paintwork are features on both of those parts. The color choices and execution on the paint really sells the worn, lived in appearance of the costume.
* Not only does the Tusken Raider come with a gaderffii (gaffi) stick, but he also includes three alternate heads. The heads slip into the base of the staff quite easily and give you the option to add some variety to your figure if you're planning on army building these guys. They swap easily and feel pretty secure when on display.
* The rifle included with this guy might be one of the nicest accessories in the Black Series. The sculpt is killer and the paintwork appears very, very intricate. I'm loving the look of this piece!
* I do have a few complaints, however, and the first is that the eye tubes do appear to be a bit too long. It's not as noticeable from the front but from the side the eye tubes look a bit strange. Is it just me or is this really film accurate? I don't think it looks accurate, but I could be wrong.
* My second complaint is with the outer robe. I love the look, color, and fit of the cloth outer robe, but I'm definitely not digging the fact that the robe already appears to be unraveling a bit. I'm totally cool with a rougher, frayed appearance (the Sand People don't seem like the type to go to a tailor or a dry cleaners) but the dragging strings definitely seem problematic. I'll probably try to just trim them up.
I haven't reviewed any other Tusken Raider action figures on the site before, but I have reviewed plenty of other Star Wars: The Black Series Phase III releases, including:
Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 212th Attack Battalion Utapau Trooper,
Coruscant Guard ---(Phase II), and 501st Legion Clone Trooper 4 pack
Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
C-3PO (Resistance Base)
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
First Order Flametrooper
First Order General Hux
First Order Snowtrooper
First Order Snowtrooper Officer
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
First Order Stormtrooper
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
Imperial AT-ACT Driver
Imperial Death Trooper
Imperial Death Trooper, Captain Cassian Andor, and Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha) 3 pack
Imperial Hovertank Pilot
Imperial Shock Trooper
Kylo Ren (SDCC 2016)
Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (SDCC 2016)
1 Clone Trooper Commander, Phase II Clone Trooper, Imperial
Stormtrooper, and First Order ---Stormtrooper Officer four pack
Poe Dameron and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper
Princess Leia Organa
R2-A3, R5-K6, and R2-F2
Rey (Jakku) & BB-8
Rey (Starkiller Base)
Sandtrooper Sergeant, Crimson Stormtrooper, Lieutenant OXIXO, and R2-Q5
Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
X-Wing Pilot Asty
- Action Figure Review Index
- Who is Barbecue17?
- My Toy Review Rating Scale!
- 31 Days of Toy Terror!
- Other Reviews and Stuff
- Barbecue17's Trading Post!
- Podcasts on The Epic Review
- Oh the Horror!: Horror Movie Reviews!
- The Batgirl Library
- The Dark Knight Gallery
- Fabulous Secret Powers
- The Harley Quinndex
- The Joker's Funhouse
- Tosche Station
- A Tour of the DC Universe Podcast